Pioneer 9200 ~ any good? (As no Kenwoods are available!)

P20

Ambulance driver
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I was wanting to fit the Kenwood 8020, but they’re all sold out. Spoke to a local installer who has recommended the Pioneer 9200.
Clicky linky thing to Pioneer 9200

It looks like it does all the same. Installer reckons it’s better on DAB reception (it’s getting a new external aerial too) and the user interface is slightly nicer/slicker than the Kenwood. The Kenwood has better sound, but I imagine the Pioneer will still sound better than stock.

Anyone have experience of the Pioneers?
I’m after wireless CarPlay 2 camera input, DAB. Not interested in the floating screen options

9200 is not a bad unit , but the Kenwood has a better clearer, brighter capactive screen, slightly cheaper , Kenwood dash cam control. Generally faster operating system and is our preferred choice.. pioneer has a slightly more powerful output

there is virtually no nice headunits available anywhere

Reactions: P20
9200 is not a bad unit , but the Kenwood has a better clearer, brighter capactive screen, slightly cheaper , Kenwood dash cam control. Generally faster operating system and is our preferred choice.. pioneer has a slightly more powerful output

there is virtually no nice headunits available anywhere
Jeez, the lack of stock must be crucifying you - sorry to hear you’re impacted.

I’ve ended up ordering an Evo64. Looks a slick system and can do all the bits I need

Jeez, the lack of stock must be crucifying you - sorry to hear you’re impacted.
It’s tough mate, no light at the end of the tunnel for headunit supplies.. but we are doing very well on speaker/amps/subs … plus our other services are doing well

Reactions: P20
It’s tough mate, no light at the end of the tunnel for headunit supplies.. but we are doing very well on speaker/amps/subs … plus our other services are doing well
Good stuff….but this whole supply chain / chipset backlog is hurting everyone, even the big companies, so it’s got to be crucifying small businesses even worse. Great that you are riding things out! Fingers crossed for you and your team

been saving up for a decent head unit, can't get one now, so turn my attention to solow's, can't get them for t32 either lol

Good stuff….but this whole supply chain / chipset backlog is hurting everyone, even the big companies, so it’s got to be crucifying small businesses even worse. Great that you are riding things out! Fingers crossed for you and your team
Cheers :thumbsup:

Back