Photography

@Bav. Don't beat yourself or the phone up - the stitching job is none too shabby. Sorry to be picky but it's actually The Bay of Naples (not to be confused with Naples Bay in Trump State, USA).

Reactions: Bav
Woburn? always love seeing a random deer from the train when we're travelling.
Indeed, often get the chance to pass through, it's stunning early morning or late evening :cool:

Tend to avoid more often than not these days though as you need a Dakar truck the roads are that bad

@Bav. Don't beat yourself or the phone up - the stitching job is none too shabby. Sorry to be picky but it's actually The Bay of Naples (not to be confused with Naples Bay in Trump State, USA).
Been there too, but before camera phones were a thing. T'was very nice, but not a patch on the Bay of Naples though - it were all flat 'n' boring, like (and sweaty!).

Again, some dodgy photo stitching courtesy of my phone camera, so best not look too close.
Top tip for panoramas on a phone.
Hold the phone in portrait mode in one hand and just twist your wrist to move the camera. Try to keep the lens at the pivot point of the turn. Shooting in portrait gives you more scope to crop it afterwards.

if shooting a pano in landscape format, hold the phone with your thumb and index finger top and bottom, either side of the lens and then move/spin the phone with your other hand.

Don't hold the camera out at arms length and then spin your body around. It's all about trying to keep the camera at the centre of the rotation.

Hope this helps.

Top tip for panoramas on a phone.
Hold the phone in portrait mode in one hand and just twist your wrist to move the camera. Try to keep the lens at the pivot point of the turn. Shooting in portrait gives you more scope to crop it afterwards.

if shooting a pano in landscape format, hold the phone with your thumb and index finger top and bottom, either side of the lens and then move/spin the phone with your other hand.

Don't hold the camera out at arms length and then spin your body around. It's all about trying to keep the camera at the centre of the rotation.

Hope this helps.
Cheers for the tips. I'll try that out when I return to Sorrento in July :D

Back