Photography

Few phone pics of the lakes today... Nikon still in the room, typical :rolleyes:

The one of the old boat houses is 10x mag on the phone, no idea how it's even capable, bonkers!

20230507_175747~2.jpg

20230507_191042~2.jpg

20230507_190235~2.jpg

@Jamie89. Nice one - what drone have you got and do you have any beginner tips for an idiot please? I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro last week but it's yet to take to the air. Hopefully I'll find time to try it out tomorrow or Thursday and I suspect the pucker factor will be a bit high as I've never flown one before (not even one of those silly little £10 helicopters!) so any advice would be much appreciated.

@Jamie89. Nice one - what drone have you got and do you have any beginner tips for an idiot please? I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro last week but it's yet to take to the air. Hopefully I'll find time to try it out tomorrow or Thursday and I suspect the pucker factor will be a bit high as I've never flown one before (not even one of those silly little £10 helicopters!) so any advice would be much appreciated.
It’s near enough impossible to crash a DJI drone unless you fly it into a tree or building.
Im a CAA qualified drone pilot, have been for 5 years or so.

Start off flying around slowly low to the ground to get a feel for the controls, then go a bit higher and gain some speed to see how it reacts when stopping and turning.
Practice doing smooth large circle turns without loosing height in both directions.

Just remeber to make sure your home point is updated and that your return to home altitude is set to be above anything that might be between you and the drone. If anything does go wrong, just hit RTH and it will come back. Unless of course you fly it into a tree or building…

@109LWB . Thanks for the very sensible words - I would never underestimate my ability to break things but at least my drone is supposed to have collision avoidance sensor to front, rear and downwards.

@109LWB . Thanks for the very sensible words - I would never underestimate my ability to break things but at least my drone is supposed to have collision avoidance sensor to front, rear and downwards.
Yes the mini 3 pro has decent obstacle avoidance, but it’s not infallible. It has no sideways protection, which is the most dangerous imo, as when filming, sideways shots always look good, but you can’t see what’s beside you that easily from the ground. The built in quick shots also use a lot of sideways movements and if you misjudge where the drone will go, it’s very easy to sideswipe a branch or something.

I'm a newbie too to the drone world! But this was taken on a mini 3 pro! @109LWB summed it up pretty good though! I went to a local field and practiced with it when it was quiet. Get use to all the controls and features it has!

That track you're on, is that the same track you can see snaking up the distant hill and was that your intended route?

No, we turned left at the bottom of the descent and headed out of the glen. I have ridden up that track on the opposite hill many times but the descents off the plateau are full on MTB territory. Not suitable for the short travel and gravel bikes we were on

Been testing out the drone whilst down in Ilfracombe over the weekend!
View attachment 200727

It’s near enough impossible to crash a DJI drone unless you fly it into a tree or building.
Im a CAA qualified drone pilot, have been for 5 years or so.

Start off flying around slowly low to the ground to get a feel for the controls, then go a bit higher and gain some speed to see how it reacts when stopping and turning.
Practice doing smooth large circle turns without loosing height in both directions.

Just remeber to make sure your home point is updated and that your return to home altitude is set to be above anything that might be between you and the drone. If anything does go wrong, just hit RTH and it will come back. Unless of course you fly it into a tree or building…

Yes the mini 3 pro has decent obstacle avoidance, but it’s not infallible. It has no sideways protection, which is the most dangerous imo, as when filming, sideways shots always look good, but you can’t see what’s beside you that easily from the ground. The built in quick shots also use a lot of sideways movements and if you misjudge where the drone will go, it’s very easy to sideswipe a branch or something.

I'm a newbie too to the drone world! But this was taken on a mini 3 pro! @109LWB summed it up pretty good though! I went to a local field and practiced with it when it was quiet. Get use to all the controls and features it has!

I have always wanted a drone but live too close to Southend Airport to fly it anywhere locally, including Southend Seafront which is also in the no fly zone :(
If only I lived in the middle of nowhere oop north :whistle:

The remains of the ramp built by the Romans a few years ago to root-out the settlers in Masada, all built by slaves, leading to the discovery that all 10,000 inhabitants were dead, having been killed by their own soldiers, all but one of whom subsequently killed each other. The remaining soldier then took his own life - this meant that he was the only one who had committed a sin in the eyes of their god (suicide).....
Religion hasn't half got some stuff to answer for

IMG_0188.JPG

Back