Photography

There are some awesome pics in this thread. I have a mishmash of DSLR's I have either picked up second hand or been donated. I tend not to use them that much due to size & bulk.

I'm looking at the newer "mirror less" cameras and wondered if any of you guys use them and what you think of them. The Sony A6500 keeps popping up at about a £1000? But never owned a Sony camera before always been a Nikon sort of fella.

Any recommendations? Good:thumbsup: or bad:thumbsdown:

There are some awesome pics in this thread. I have a mishmash of DSLR's I have either picked up second hand or been donated. I tend not to use them that much due to size & bulk.

I'm looking at the newer "mirror less" cameras and wondered if any of you guys use them and what you think of them. The Sony A6500 keeps popping up at about a £1000? But never owned a Sony camera before always been a Nikon sort of fella.

Funnily enough I'm toying with the idea of the Sony A6000. A slightly older camera but seems to fit what my amateur skills would use it for.... I've just got to choose between that and more van stuff!! Lol

I moved to the Fujifilm XT2 when it came out and I've been very happy with it. It's small and light with great lenses and the picture quality is phenomenal. I'm not upgrading to the XT3 as it's not sufficiently different but my next camera will be another Fujifilm some time in the future. Also have loads of old 35mm and medium format film cameras picked up over the years and every so often I'll shoot a roll of b&w and develop it myself

Because everyday is a school day...
what’s the top hat and two lots of numbers mean?

nice action shot :thumbsup:
Top hat is the class symbol for the boat “Topper”.
Long sail number is specific to the boat. Shorter number is the championship number which is specific to the sailor. So if we get a new boat, the top number would change but the champ number would stay the same.

When they race the race officials record against the shorter number - simply because it takes less time to write down and is therefore more accurate when a load of boats are finishing at the same time.

Back