Photography

Can anyone recommend a good camera? I’ve got a Nikon SLR but find i’m using it less and less due to the size and weight of carrying different lenses around and just end up using my iphone which takes great photos if your quite close up.
Got a trip to Australia coming up so wanted something reasonably light but still with a decent zoom, looking at bridge cameras but seem to read good and bad reviews?

Can anyone recommend a good camera? I’ve got a Nikon SLR but find i’m using it less and less due to the size and weight of carrying different lenses around and just end up using my iphone which takes great photos if your quite close up.
Got a trip to Australia coming up so wanted something reasonably light but still with a decent zoom, looking at bridge cameras but seem to read good and bad reviews?

I often don't bother taking my DSLR, especially on motorbike trips.
I bought an Olympus Tough for a bike trip round Europe. Like it a lot for a travel camera, waterproof, GPS, WiFi, and drop proof from 2.1m (although I haven't tested this)

I have a panasonic lumix TZ100. Pictures are really clear and crisp. My older lumix had a better zoom (it did digital zoom as well) but any of the lumix cameras I have found to be really good. Mainly for their anti-shake properties which work really well for me.
Absolutely love the macro setting which allows me to take close up pictures of flowers.

In saying all that. I am not a professional photographer. Just someone who enjoys taking pictures to make memories.
:)

Look at the new mirror less cameras. Much smaller and lighter than a traditional Dslr, also have a look at the Sony A7 range. A smaller body and with an adapter ,you could use your old lenses.

I have a panasonic lumix TZ100. Pictures are really clear and crisp. My older lumix had a better zoom (it did digital zoom as well) but any of the lumix cameras I have found to be really good. Mainly for their anti-shake properties which work really well for me.
Absolutely love the macro setting which allows me to take close up pictures of flowers.

In saying all that. I am not a professional photographer. Just someone who enjoys taking pictures to make memories.
:)
This is one of the cameras I've been looking at, I think the zoom should be enough for most things and although not cheap it’s not a bad price up to some of the others out there! And most of the reviews on it are good. Trouble is every time I go in for the purchase I see something else and can’t make that final decision!!

Using my bongo (campervan) as a comparison, this shows the difference between my old camera and my new one. I will see if I have a samsung mobile phone (I think it is) to compare as well.

Panasonic Lumix TZ100.
P1030440.JPG

Panasonic Lumix TZ35 (I think).
4 scotland - 141.JPG

Samsung Phone (sorry, haven't taken the same style of photo on my phone).
20180809_153129.jpg

Before we bought our T6 and converted it we hired a T6 campervan and went to Skye & Lewis for a long weekend. Mainly to make sure the wife liked it before I made a purchase. We were lucky to catch a few clear nights.

30006536841_7a327646de_h.jpgBeneath the stars by xpfloyd, on Flickr

Same trip but on the Isle of Lewis this time

29797495640_bb0d3263f2_h.jpgCallanish Stones - Isle Of Lewis by xpfloyd, on Flickr

Back