Petrol Caravelle 2017 2.0 204ps

The wife has a 1.25 fiesta and that can't get up the hill out of our village and weighs the same as a bag of crisps; a van with an engine that size would be woeful. I suppose the upside is that you wouldn't need to worry about the different speed limits for PV's/ kombi's because you ain't never gonna get anywhere near it.

It's got a twin turbo I think , the trend is to reduce engine size to enable them to comply with pollution limits .I did go down the dealer to road test the 1 litre after they featured it on top gear. He said we don't have any demos sorry , no-one buys them lol

I'm not sure but aren't F1 cars only 1600 cc
It would be nice if the petrol was bigger maybe 2.5-3litre
I don't care about mpg never have done just fill it up when it's empty

The wife has a 1.25 fiesta and that can't get up the hill out of our village and weighs the same as a bag of crisps; a van with an engine that size would be woeful. I suppose the upside is that you wouldn't need to worry about the different speed limits for PV's/ kombi's because you ain't never gonna get anywhere near it.
Remember fiat had that problem with the 500 not being able to climb a hill and slid back down.

I should have added that this is per the display. Haven't made any measurements yet. I did however reset the trip at the last refill.

So just went in for a refill. I added 67,91l after 794km so 8,56l/100km is the final tally on this tank.

ford do a 1 litre petrol engine with 125 hp , even fit it in the huge mondeo :-0

Ford are having huge problems in the states with the eco tech engines. Lots of recalls, and lots blowing up. They've stopped fitting one of the engines altogether, but I can't remember which one, but certainly not one available in Europe.

It seems like many industries, R&D is been done by the consumer in this case.

My Fiesta has it...really nice with very good performance....averaging 48mpg mixed driving....it can also shift.

Sod that.

Biggest engine you can get in our shopping hatch. Three turbocharged litres of joy; the smoothest inline six you can get.

Even the 201bhp of our 2.0 van makes me nervous.

The Subaru chucks out a lazy 165bhp from its 2.5 litre four; despite being by far the oldest, I bet it lasts the longest.

Sod that.

Biggest engine you can get in our shopping hatch. Three turbocharged litres of joy; the smoothest inline six you can get.

Even the 201bhp of our 2.0 van makes me nervous.

The Subaru chucks out a lazy 165bhp from its 2.5 litre four; despite being by far the oldest, I bet it lasts the longest.

I reckon the straight 6 from the BMW and the 8AT would be great in a transporter, if only BMW built petrol engined vans (or any van for that matter) i would probably be driving an Mvan by now :)

I reckon the straight 6 from the BMW and the 8AT would be great in a transporter, if only BMW built petrol engined vans (or any van for that matter) i would probably be driving an Mvan by now :)
Me too! Loved my e46 6cyl petrol auto.......awesome car!

100% id have a BMW van although the current models are not as pretty as they were despite being fantastic cars.

First thing I'd do is prob fill it full of deisel by mistake. Wouldn't seem right filling a van with petty

Back