Petrol Caravelle 2017 2.0 204ps

Leeroy33

RIP
T6 Pro
can anyone help,

Iv just ordered a caravelle 2.0 204ps petrol. Do you know if you can get a dump valve for these yet and also can you fit a cone shape air filter on them not a flat one if you know what I mean? Also do you know of a good exhaust system for the petrol engine?

Cheers

Hi and welcome @Leeroy33.

You may find that you are beating a new path here, rather than walking down a well trodden one. Petrol T6's are pretty new in the UK and I'm not sure if there are any others on the forum.

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm gonna have to wait 4 month for it so hopefully by then something will be made

Hi and welcome @Leeroy33.

You may find that you are beating a new path here, rather than walking down a well trodden one. Petrol T6's are pretty new in the UK and I'm not sure if there are any others on the forum.

Sounds great getting the petrol version but what's the reason for wanting those mods? More noise?
Don't forget it's still just a modern 4 cylinder turbo engine - it'll be very hard to make it sound naughty.
Is the dump valve for sound or to try and reduce turbo lag? If it's the latter, I'd wait and see what the power delivery is like first - I doubt it has much lag especially if it's bi-turbo (I don't know much about them yet).

I'm with you on this one really.

I'd see if you can find out which engine it is as it will be used on other VAG stuff already.

It shouldn't be too hard to make things fit, but tuners won't be long in getting them released anyway.

I'm pretty jealous. If there was a petrol kombi I think I'd have ordered it along with a miltek exhaust, lightened flywheel and induction kit

It's going to change the whole concept of transporters as I believe a lot of people will be buying petrol in the future, mine will be a petrol next time round

Assuming they haven't changed engine for MY18, they are using the ea888 gen2.
Well that's a pretty decent engine.
I'm open minded ab0ut it all - I prefer petrol overall but not sure if it suits a van as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The second ours throws a hissy fit, I'll be checking petrols out again...!

Petrol has the wrong power curve for a van , what's the claimed mpg ? The last petrol van I had was a transit back in the 80s , 15 mpg

I would keep an eye on what the German tuners are up to as they have got the petrol ones already. Its not outright BHP you want but more torque to drag a van along, should still make for a very nice van though.
Baz

USA have been using petrol vans for years bigger engines but like our Diesel engines they are getting smaller with more power and toque outputs
And from that there will some electric vans I'm sure

Its a cracking engine in the VAG group cars, and very tunable, for those that wish to do so. How it will stand up in a van, has yet too be seen. All the German reports (as they have run petrols for a while now, in all variants) say they are smooth and quick, but with not a very good MPG - Which is to be expected, I suppose! We've order 4 TSi's in our next batch of vehicles, coming later this year - So we will report back once we've driven them.

Still waiting for 4Motion, which VW UK haven't got any plans for at the minute! :-( Im sure it will happen with time.

Not sure how the residuals will stack up on the petrol...

As I mentioned in the other petrol thread, I get about 8l/100km out on the countryside. Still waiting for the tuner to decode my van so I can get it tuned.

I should have added that this is per the display. Haven't made any measurements yet. I did however reset the trip at the last refill.

Back