Petrol Caravelle 2017 2.0 204ps

I worked for a guy that had a petrol forn transit minibus, if filled to work vans up with diesel and then went to fill his, the diesel nozzle wouldn't fit, I muttered shitty transit to myself and carried on pointing the nozzle towards the hole with the handle half squeezed. Only got £8 in before I remembered it was petrol. Dipped with diesel and it was fine, he never knew.

I worked for a guy that had a petrol forn transit minibus, if filled to work vans up with diesel and then went to fill his, the diesel nozzle wouldn't fit, I muttered shitty transit to myself and carried on pointing the nozzle towards the hole with the handle half squeezed. Only got £8 in before I remembered it was petrol. Dipped with diesel and it was fine, he never knew.

Those Transit engines are rough, noisy and heavy but they are pretty bombproof.
Defenders all used them from 2006 onwards; ours had the 2.4; about the only thing in it that didn't break...!

@Polzeylad it was horrible to drive. I think it was the poor service regime but it struggled to pull a full fuel tank unless you revved it's nuts off before changing gear. Hated that thing. Luckily the Ford rust rot got it and it eventually took up a spot at the local scrap heap.

@Polzeylad it was horrible to drive. I think it was the poor service regime but it struggled to pull a full fuel tank unless you revved it's nuts off before changing gear. Hated that thing. Luckily the Ford rust rot got it and it eventually took up a spot at the local scrap heap.

I think most are abused: and it sounds like the gits who nicked my board last week were in a Transit.

Always found it amusing that fairly "posh" Defenders have a Transit engine.

Little barstuards! Hopefully your replacement board is working out for you.

I do like reminding my mate about his transit engine in his defender. He has since taken up putting stickers on my stuff of a land rover logo towing a vw logo after he had to tow my T4.

Back