Petition - Allow use of communal toilets From 12th April

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
A bit late but might be worth signing,

Petition - Allow use of communal toilets and washrooms from 12 April 2021 on campsites

Campsite I am staying at is allowed to open them. Seems to be up to local councils

Just waking up, is this a joke, who needs the Council to assist with going for a sh*t?

I've signed, for what it's worth.

But I was amused at what I presume is a standard timing "Deadline 17th September 2021". It makes it look as if they know something we don't!

New Gov guidance out, should be able to open them.

Presume it will be down to individual site's risk assessment though.

C&MC emailed this afternoon stating they will be opening toilet and washing facilities but not showers.

Except in Wales, where toilets and showers stay closed.

Pete

C&MC emailed this afternoon stating they will be opening toilet and washing facilities but not showers.

I've just had a look at the Law on this and it says (see page 56):

S T A T U T O R Y I N S T R U M E N T, 2021 No. 364
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Steps) (England) Regulations 2021
Regulation 7(2) SCHEDULE 2 Step 2
PART 2 Closure of, and restrictions on, businesses
Closure of holiday accommodation paragraph 12 sub paragraph (5)

Holiday accommodation referred to in sub-paragraph (1) may continue to be provided if that accommodation is provided— (a) in a campsite or caravan park, provided that the only shared facilities used by guests at the campsite or caravan park are washing facilities, toilets, water points and waste disposal points​

Would seem to me to say that campsite toilets and washing facilities may be provided.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/pdfs/uksi_20210364_en.pdf

Back