Pub bogs yes, campsite bogs no...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
As per thread title and without getting involved in politics or sport (after Wales suppying their own ref yesterday) but how is it that pubs will be open after a fashion from April 12th and allowing their customers to use the toilets but campsites have to wait until after the May Day bank holiday weekend before they can open for business?
I think I've been pretty good along with the rest of the herd here in the UK but as campers we're not part of the 200,000 sardines on Bournemouth beach at the first sign of sunshine, those sardines will reappear at the drop of a hat this year just the same, I guess it's always easier to marshall the law abiders and keep them in place and no I won't be going to Wales this year, I've stood on my lip and hurt it.:unsure:

I agree - while I’ve not been to lots of different camp sites, the ones I have been to have all had the cleanest ‘public’ toilets compared to pubs / high streets. One near Banbury I think the owner lived in there with her bottle of bleach and turbo mop!

Ian

PS - Agree with you about the ref! Go talk to your team while I let these lads in red score!

As per thread title and without getting involved in politics or sport (after Wales suppying their own ref yesterday) but how is it that pubs will be open after a fashion from April 12th and allowing their customers to use the toilets but campsites have to wait until after the May Day bank holiday weekend before they can open for business?
I think I've been pretty good along with the rest of the herd here in the UK but as campers we're not part of the 200,000 sardines on Bournemouth beach at the first sign of sunshine, those sardines will reappear at the drop of a hat this year just the same, I guess it's always easier to marshall the law abiders and keep them in place and no I won't be going to Wales this year, I've stood on my lip and hurt it.:unsure:
There was nothing wrong with the people on the beach, they broke no rules and there were zero reports of any Covid clusters because of it. They were just an easy headline

Agree though that it’s weird campsite toilets aren’t opening

I just don’t think the government have thought things through properly, not for the first time.

I wonder what the fines are for opening your shower blocks? I might be tempted if I was a campsite owner, with social distancing measures in place and enhanced cleaning of course.

Think one of the clubs sent out an email update saying they were seeking clarification around toilets. Agree its a mad situation. You can visit Alton Towers for example with thousands of people mixing together and sharing a few toilets but just a few on a campsite that stay well apart can't :(

I hadn’t realised that there had been a statement on campsite toilet blocks - anyone got a reference ?

Pete

I just don’t think the government have thought things through properly, not for the first time.

I wonder what the fines are for opening your shower blocks? I might be tempted if I was a campsite owner, with social distancing measures in place and enhanced cleaning of course.
Agree they didn’t think it through, I just don’t like the notion that people are to blame for simply doing what is allowed....and encouraged.

Anyway I’m going on 15th April so will see what the toilet situation is - these were basically outside huts which would be much safer than an inside pub bog.

I don’t expect clarity from the morons in charge (of the government not the campsite)

It is strange that the toilet blocks wont be open. Even for toilets only. You can sort of understand showers? You can go to a supermarket and use the toilets but the toilets are closed in the shopping centre where the market is. It doesn't make sense. Perhaps some of it is cost cutting as well. They can hide behind rules etc and also they have to protect their staff.

It is strange that the toilet blocks wont be open. Even for toilets only. You can sort of understand showers? You can go to a supermarket and use the toilets but the toilets are closed in the shopping centre where the market is. It doesn't make sense. Perhaps some of it is cost cutting as well. They can hide behind rules etc and also they have to protect their staff.
It’s very weird. Place I am going has basically
Wooden huts in the corner of each field and a shower block. They aren’t allowed to open the toilets despite it basically being outside
I have to bring my own

Even when they do open the toilets Men wont be allowed out after 6 PM to use them can you believe a MP stood up and said that even to think it is bad enough..... the mind set of people now days is getting very strange.. surely peoples hygiene has greatly improved since all this started

Brook Meadow has spray in each toilet cubicle and each shower, on the sinks, at the door ways and at the washing up sinks. they couldn't try any harder for us.

Apparently their local authority have approved the opening of toilets/showers? I’m not sure it’s going to as simple as that, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed other sites follow suit.

Just heard the campsite in East Sussex i am going to next week is allowed to have showers and bogs open

im down in Sussex to next week think it's going to be a chilly one and the tide times are poor but at least we are Out ... There is social distancing on our loo,s hoping the chill brings some cod in ... @Pedros85 remember to Wave at all the Team Blue VW s our paths might cross

im down in Sussex to next week think it's going to be a chilly one and the tide times are poor but at least we are Out ... There is social distancing on our loo,s hoping the chill brings some cod in ... @Pedros85 remember to Wave at all the Team Blue VW s our paths might cross
Yeah looks up and down. Bit of rain and bit of sun. First trip in mine but I live close so can always go home if the kids don’t enjoy!

If you see a blue/white two tone then give us a wave

Last edited:
C&MC just announced they can open toilets, washing and cleaning, but not showers on 12th April.

But can't guarantee all sites facilities will be ready.

Seems to be a change in UK Gov advice? References new guidance from 8 April.

Back