PERSONALISED NUMBER PLATE - IMPACTS INSURANCE?

Whiz

Meet BANKSY - There is always "Hope"
T6 Guru
Be interested to know if anyone has found that by having any Personalised plate has increased their Insurance Premium (ignoring any Admin Fee)? I had heard that it can add from a "Friend" - but looking for evidence! TIA, Paul

+1 No impact....both the insurance and GAP company didn’t charge an admin fee.....have seen over the years a few company’s may charge £25 just to change a simple thing.......We all pay far to much to insure our vans you’d expect a little grace :(

+1 No impact....both the insurance and GAP company didn’t charge an admin fee.....have seen over the years a few company’s may charge £25 just to change a simple thing.......We all pay far to much to insure our vans you’d expect a little grace :(
@VanDamMan I can live with the Admin fee.... my insurance is due up in mid March so going to swop it over then - hopefully avoid the admin fee!

@VanDamMan I can live with the Admin fee.... my insurance is due up in mid March so going to swop it over then - hopefully avoid the admin fee!
Good call....I’ve even changed my job title from Process Technician to factory worker to get better prices..;) .but the best title is Retired :laugh:

Money grabbing scrotes

Be interested to know if anyone has found that by having any Personalised plate has increased their Insurance Premium (ignoring any Admin Fee)? I had heard that it can add from a "Friend" - but looking for evidence! TIA, Paul
The van and the cars have personal number plates and it's never caused an increase in the premiums. As above watch out for admin charges and maybe change at renewal time.

No price increase over here. Only if I make no cost changes through the web site. I’m with Axa

Good call....I’ve even changed my job title from Process Technician to factory worker to get better prices..;) .but the best title is Retired :laugh:
I go Househusband as well .... also if your Mrs is on the policy - be creative .... she manages Payroll, VAT and Accounts for a "Shit" ccompany - so she is a Fertilizer Manager and saved me £30 COmpared with Head of Accounting!

The van and the cars have personal number plates and it's never caused an increase in the premiums. As above watch out for admin charges and maybe change at renewal time.
Spot on!thanks

Literally told them last week and they just updated it no charge about six months into my policy
Well that is excellent news ... I'll be pleased of I get the same deal!

Cant see why not I cant rate them enough I have used them many times before but they let me do an agreed value and listed all the bits on the van I supplied pictures and the price was still peanuts for really great cover and that was with starting a fresh no claims

No, there’s no impact unless something has suddenly changed. I worked in insurance previously and it was never a factor. Only the admin fee but if you ask nicely and suggest you may start looking around at other providers then chances are the fee will be waived.

Reactions: JOG
Be very careful.. if your vehicle is written off the plate belongs to the vehicle and the vehicle belongs to the insurer after payout ...I battled with my insurer to get it in writing that in the event of a write off claim I would be allowed the time to put the private plate back on retention... it was a real chew on

I would suggest if anyone had a personalised registration you clarify with your insurer so you don't run the risk of losing it

Be very careful.. if your vehicle is written off the plate belongs to the vehicle and the vehicle belongs to the insurer after payout ...I battled with my insurer to get it in writing that in the event of a write off claim I would be allowed the time to put the private plate back on retention... it was a real chew on

I would suggest if anyone had a personalised registration you clarify with your insurer so you don't run the risk of losing it
Wow! That’s something I hadn’t considered! Need to check that

Wow! That’s something I hadn’t considered! Need to check that
No problem... don't let them fob you off with a verbal confirmation... it is important to get it in writing as per the policy conditions where the policy is not varied unless in writing ... they are hard work

Back