Temporary Insurance Policy for Visiting Friends

Ian28

T6 Guru
Hi, got some friends visiting from Oz soon and I’d like to arrange temporary insurance to cover them to drive my pick up while here. My own policy doesn’t allow additional drivers, presumably because it’s classed as a commercial vehicle and I’ve drawn a blank with tempcover.com, just wondering if anyone has had any experience here? I know it’s not my camper but asking just in case someone has useful info. Thanks, Ian

My sister was over from Oz last year and we couldn't get insurance for her to drive our cars as she didn't have a permanent UK address to link it to so she had to use hire cars. A few years ago when she was last in UK she did get temp insurance on our cars but not now, don't know why it has changed, anyone else know why ?

Doesn’t the insurance company inform the applicant as to why the insurance has been rejected?

Doesn’t the insurance company inform the applicant as to why the insurance has been rejected?
Hi DDX, tempcover.com advertise that they provide temporary insurance for expats driving a commercial vehicle but when all required fields are filled out on the online quote form I get the stock answer of ‘we cannot provide you cover at present but we are always changing what we offer’ or something to that effect. I strongly suspect that calling them will be fruitless and time I’ll not get back so just wondering if anyone has done this successfully recently and if so, with what company.

Update - got it through tempcover.com
They have to have a UK driving license and have had 10 years of permanent UK residency for my pick up

Thanks for the update, my sister had the 10 yrs residency but not a UK license as she's been in Oz for over 30 years

Back