Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 61 81.3%

• Total voters
Ashamed to say it but mine was one of those drunken looks at the DVLA website. I didn't even know I had bid on it until I got an email saying I had now bought the thing. In fairness it isn't aimed at a vehicle or a persons name so happy to use it, its just an ageless plate.

One word of advice though if you see a plate you fancy on a number plate website not DVLA, always check the DVLA website as the dealers make you believe the plate for sale is theirs and all they do is buy the plate from DVLA and put a mark up on it for you.

Spent some bored moments at work playing on the dvla site looking at different plates, I've already got a plate but manage to find one that matches my name perfectly ED65WEB. :notworthy:

Spent some bored moments at work playing on the dvla site looking at different plates, I've already got a plate but manage to find one that matches my name perfectly ED65WEB. :notworthy:

Ed, Love the signature line, a real prophet and extremely correct when with the missus. Mine thinks VW's, parts and accessories are very cheap lol

Couldn’t find anything with my name unfortunately or surname. Went for
T6 VCT
My other half is Victoria Cooper and I’m a Tingle so covered all bases if we get married :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ed, Love the signature line, a real prophet and extremely correct when with the missus. Mine thinks VW's, parts and accessories are very cheap lol
Sadly as mine was there for the purchase and was involved in the conversion details she knows that I lie about prices however she doesn't know you lot lie so when chatting to her please convince her otherwise and I shall return the favour :)

T6 LYK - on the Van (Like)

RO05 ZED - on a Bike (Artaroos)

M11 WTF - on a Beemer..(Well,, )

£250 well spent on each from the DVLA :)

(WTF recently valued @ £750)

Too many nights having a drink on the Interweb...

T6 LYK - on the Van (Like)

RO05 ZED - on a Bike (Artaroos)

M11 WTF - on a Beemer..(Well,, )

£250 well spent on each from the DVLA :)

(WTF recently valued @ £750)

Too many nights having a drink on the Interweb...

How did you find out it was worth that much

There are 2 that would do me, both are for sale:-
DA53 BRY (Dave Bray)
DJ58RAY (DJ & S BRAY)

I've got bought as a present T6 V YV so can looking to tweak the YV with a custom plate maker to look like a W so hopefully it will look quite good

I have X10 DEF on my Landrover 110 Defender and T6 GNU on the van (colloquially referred to by friends and family as the Gnu). Both applied to the vehicles from new and both purchased direct from DVLA for £250 which included the fees. Only other plate we have ever had was M6FJO which was purchased for Jo’s MGF many years ago - again it was only £250 (or whatever the lowest rate was back then).

If you are prepared to spend a bit of time going through the DVLA listings I think you will find something that fits either yourself or the vehicle without spending a fortune.

Go for it @Blitz. I have a private reg and live in Wath upon Dearne (about 10 mins from Rotherham). Mine has nothing to do with VW. I’ve got ADS which is my dads initial embedded in mine.

I’m just wondering, has anyone ever had any success at selling a private reg. I’ve had mine for 15 years and after about 6 approached a company, think they were called something like newreg transfers and they valued it at 1600. After a year they asked what would I accept which I said a grand year later same question again I said 250 as there was a plate I wanted. Another year went by and they asked again. I didn’t even reply, I thought at the rate I was going id be settling on a box of Quality Street. It was back when you could only keep a plate on retention for 2 years.

I have R123 NSH (Rich Nash) And the Mrs has K22 LLL (Kellie) both £175. Weird thing is my plate is on her car and hers is on retention and the t6 has the plate it was registered with ha

Back