Panel Van Roof Insulation

Einion

My t32 204 is being born in October

I will be issuing it as a workhorse with my tools and equipment in it (shhh.... )

So in my experience, storing things in a metal box causes condensation and dripping damp.

Has anyone experienced this and what's the lining like in a panel van?os it worth insulating the roof after?

Thanks.

3rd van in and we have never insulated the roof, and never had condensation. (Though have always had the full height bulkhead to keep the rear separate.)

But.

Always fully ply lined the back.

And this time fully carpeted the back of the full bulkhead.

And fully carpeted all of the factory roof panels and all of the ply lining panels.

Then after that we added new additional LED lighting to brighten it up a bit.

Then fitted racking to suit.

The cab side as a different story and loads can be done if you wish.

3rd van in and we have never insulated the roof, and never had condensation. (Though have always had the full height bulkhead to keep the rear separate.)

But.

Always fully ply lined the back.

And this time fully carpeted the back of the full bulkhead.

And fully carpeted all of the factory roof panels and all of the ply lining panels.

Then after that we added new additional LED lighting to brighten it up a bit.

Then fitted racking to suit.

The cab side as a different story and loads can be done if you wish.

Do you have any photo's or a build thread for your van @Dellmassive ? I've got a Panel Van with a Bulkhead and i'm wanting to insulate it, carpet line it and fit some LED's so i can use it for work and also spend the odd night in it. What do you use your van for? How have you got the LED's wired and switched?

Back