Carpet Lining Essential?

Lat96

I was looking to sound deaden and insulate my Kombi, not converting to a camper yet, was then going to just refit existing panels, however someone has suggested there’s little point unless you carpet line it afterwards as the metal will still be cold and cause condensation? Anyone any experience of this?

Carpetting open metal will always help massively. However if its not a camper and your going to refit the existing panels there really is no point wasting your time. It would be the same as any other vehicle on the road except it is a lot quieter now.

Carpetting open metal will always help massively. However if its not a camper and your going to refit the existing panels there really is no point wasting your time. It would be the same as any other vehicle on the road except it is a lot quieter now.

thanks, I have bought a bed, and will be travelling to France and Italy for 10 days, the the insulation was for when I was sleeping in it really. The sound deadening I thought I’d do at the same time as the panels will be off already.

Back