1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panamericana Front/Rear/Sill protectors

Discussion in 'Exterior Styling, Bodywork & Detailing' started by chriscroft, 5 Dec 2016.

1. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 Admin Moderator VCDS User VIP Member

Map
    I have a dutch cali friend who might talk to Camper centrum in NL for me and see if they can get them as they will ship to the UK.

2. chriscroft

chriscroft 12 years of VW T 'ing VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Camper centrum seem to do VW, plus VW conversations, I wonder if they are an actual VW Commercial Franchise? Anyway well worth a try, they are probably very knowledgable!

3. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 Admin Moderator VCDS User VIP Member

Map
  4. chriscroft

Map
  5. TEESIXY

TEESIXY Member T6 Pro

Map
  6. chriscroft

Map
    Yes, there's is the real deal, and will offer max protection for rock sliding etc, but it looks a bit utility, and I think the side sills whilst very strong are quite deep vertically. The panamericana bits whilst offering rerasonable protection are a more style accessories.

7. chriscroft

Map

8. mhill

mhill Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Would love to take a trip there and leave the van with them for a few bits to be added.

chriscroft likes this.
  9. chriscroft

Map
    Fish and Pauly like this.
  10. Andy Cody

Andy Cody Member VIP Member

Map
    Any updates on this Chris?

11. chriscroft

Map
    yep, got the bits, and I will post up some pictures, albeit they are sat in the garage and I will not be fitting them

The T5 version which is what these are are not that pretty, they are well made (silver plastic), in 2 pieces per side.

When I looked at the photos I must have had a brain freeze as I thought that the front and rear skids came with them; but no just the sides.

The T6 version finishes better at the front and rear, the T5 version has an ugly nose cap that finishes into the wheel arch. The T6 version fades out at its ends.

I emailed the manufacturer in Austria, but have had no reply yet,