P21w Reversing Light - Led Alternatives

Dilbert

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone got any recommendations for replacing a P21W reversing light bulb with an LED equivalent?

Some of the good P21W's available for DRLs have a projector lens and I am not sure they are the best choice for seeing a wide angle with the reversing camera?

I would appreciate any successful solutions that have been found - without the need to add an extra lamp under the bumper!

Thanks.

There are a few topics already listing leds in the electronics/ice section

There are a few topics already listing leds in the electronics/ice section

Thanks @Loz. Yes, I have looked at these but not found any recent specific LED bulbs members have found successful.

Just put some in my T5 and T6 will try it out tonight al report the findings.
They are the projector type

Got LED’s in mine, have had them in for 18months and never had any problems. They are so bright it’s amazing, the visual clarity in the camera when reversing is incredible.

They came from amazon, but can’t remember who/ where.
They are P21W

I think it’s a little better,but want to put the original back in when it is dark to see the difference.
Will let you know

Tried these both out tonight,LED brighter .I think it is because they are ice white ,it’s a shame the T6 does not have two like the T5.
But it is an improvement

Thank you @Peatey. Yes, thats the type. Presume you found they improved the light output and were worthwhile?

Thank you @Peatey. Yes, thats the type. Presume you found they improved the light output and were worthwhile?
They were certainly better but the problem is only have one light.

Once i had upgraded to led units i still had to upgrade the reverse lights to led and now i can see for miles

Back