Our Old Classics

A DSG 67 Mini. That's awesome.

Can I suggest slamming it, banding those steels and nothing more :whistle:

Genuinely, that is very cool.
Its definitely an experience !! it doesn't break any records but I get more waves than I do in the T6 :rofl: I may push to a new set of wheels but im a bit old skool (school) and prefer the standard look, I will leave the mods to the 1275 boys, that's until I break the engine and have to replace it :whistle:

Here's are 2 of mine the 4 th picture is just a dream of mine. Also got 2 x 1996 audi c4 avant 2.5 tdi 6 speed manual. One with 45,000 and the other has 170,000 love them both. Also a mk1 mini. My wife doesn't get it. Why have all these cars if you only have one arsehole. My reply was because then I have a choice. That's why.

DSC_2907.JPG

DSC_2908.JPG

DSC_1655.JPG

DSC_3029.JPG

Oh the old 309 is 1 of only 2 on the road as it's a 2 door diesel without anything fancy like power steering. It's done 55,000 from new. 1.9 xud lump.

My winter project earlier this year was to sort out my old Land Rover's extreme thirst for engine oil......and no, it didn't all fall out of the engine, it just liked burning it in copious amounts. The value of these old girls is on the up and unfortunately so has the price of recon exchange engines. I got hold of a later 5 bearing engine, stripped it down, and got a local machinist to grind the crank and rebore the block. I then rebuilt it with new bearings, pistons, cam, followers, valves, timing chain / sprockets, oil pump ............. well pretty much anything that moved was replaced. The designers of these engines thought it was good sport not to provide timing marks for the camshaft so you need to do that with a dti! Very pleased with how this engine runs - pretty sure all 62 horses are there and no noticeable oil usage at all. I think most of the horses in the old engine had been shot by the vet and made into glue.

DSC_0239[1].JPG DSC_0243[1].JPG DSC_0255[1].JPG DSC_0263[1].JPG DSC_0278[1].JPG

Back