Our Old Classics

Mk1 Cortina how many of them must be left now? My second car was a MK1 1500 ended up with Webber carb, 4 branch exhaust and remote gear change, the more it rattled the better it went. Sprayed it black with gold stripe and painted black interior, happy days.
MK1 GTE looks very nice that must be a keeper. Cars of that era just have something about them, todays cars are a marvel of engineering but unless you buy something special they are boring.
Baz

Nice cars.
I had a MkI Astra GTE that got written off after a rear end shunt, so I transplanted all the running gear into a Astra van.
Also had a MkI RS1800, a 1300E, a MKII Harrier and a couple of series 2 1600Es, along with a few BMWs and Mercs.
Used to race Minis back in the 80s as well.
Always had VW buses though, these are my current fleet.

IMG-6929.jpg

The GTE will outlive me hopefully , I’ve had it over 20 years now !! Will never ever sell it , my lad is 7 and he’s already got his eyes on it

I used to like a Vauxhall. I had a 85 1.6L that I spent a fortune on to make it look like an SRI, then bought a 87 SRI 130. That was a cracking car, but I only kept it about a year because the 'new' model was out so I changed it for a 89 2.0GLi, then dressed that up as a GSI. I never had a GSI because it was at the time when insurance was getting out of hand.

I had a cavalier GSi. Spent a fortune on it, quad headlamp conversion, steinmetz front splitter blended into the front bumper, sapphire cosworth boot lip spoiler, momo alloys, and about 3k of ICE

I had a cavalier GSi. Spent a fortune on it, quad headlamp conversion, steinmetz front splitter blended into the front bumper, sapphire cosworth boot lip spoiler, momo alloys, and about 3k of ICE

Did you fit the Cosworth spoiler on top of the original boot lid lip spoiler? I had the Irmscher spoiler without the original lip. Many had both spoilers, a bit like the BMW Mtec bodykits of the same time, but I thought it looked too much.

Did you fit the Cosworth spoiler on top of the original boot lid lip spoiler? I had the Irmscher spoiler without the original lip. Many had both spoilers, a bit like the BMW Mtec bodykits of the same time, but I thought it looked too much.
Yep, custom moulded the spoilers feet so that they sat perfectly on top off the original, and bolted through it. Will have to look for some pictures I have of it which were taken at a VPCC event at Billing Aquadrome in Northants.

We spent a fortune pimping up our cars when we woz young. Probably most parents mentioned it was a waste of money and “you’ll never get it back when you sell it”
Lessons learned? Nope, as we focus on our transporters :slow rofl::slow rofl::slow rofl:

Neither are mine, but I can’t help but thinking that black tailgate bike racks look like the old louvre style window spoilers

httpi24photobucketcomalbumsc34ThinLizzyGODMy%20CapriP240210_1230jpg.jpg

117C4AC3-FFF1-423B-B4C6-80C9E98F4C30.jpeg
Maybe a louvre spoiler would work?

Back