Orkney and Mull

shropschris

Industrial furniture manufacturer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are visiting some pals in Fochabers this may and plan to spend 10 days in Scotland , rather than the nc 500 we are thinking of a few days in Orkney then 4 or 5 in Mull.
How long would you spend in Orkney to see the main Prehistoric sites and a bit of wildlife watching ?
thanks folks

We did the nc 500 in August then West Coast and mull in October. We had 5 days on mull and it is awsome. You can escape and enjoy the stunning scenery and wildlife. Top tip, when you come off the ferry and everyone turns right, turn left

We did the nc 500 in August then West Coast and mull in October. We had 5 days on mull and it is awsome. You can escape and enjoy the stunning scenery and wildlife. Top tip, when you come off the ferry and everyone turns right, turn left
sounds mint, we had put the trip off due to the first lockdown ,so its overdue

Mull is fabulous, I've stayed in the van at both Sheilings Holidays right next to the sea and Pennygown a short distance away, went to Fidden Farm but it was frankly a bit chaotic...

Mull is fabulous, I've stayed in the van at both Sheilings Holidays right next to the sea and Pennygown a short distance away, went to Fidden Farm but it was frankly a bit chaotic...
Ah ace I will check those out

As an Orcadian, it’s the best Scottish Island by far.

You’d want 3/4 days if you don’t want to be rushing around, and give yourself time.

That’s the mainland only though, there’s a whole heap more if you venture to the outer isles.

As an Orcadian, it’s the best Scottish Island by far.

You’d want 3/4 days if you don’t want to be rushing around, and give yourself time.

That’s the mainland only though, there’s a whole heap more if you venture to the outer isles.
I was thinking 3 days this time around , I don't think we will get onto any of the other isles

Mull is stunning but I have a feeling its going to be very busy for the next couple of years. There have been so many wildlife programmes on TV over the year showing the eagles and the otters etc. As much as I want to go back I am thinking that may be Islay and Jura might be a better option this year.

Back