Ordering Through To Delivery

Got a call from dealer today with unconfirmed build week 9 I ordered mid November
I thought it was a long time what have others had

Ordered ours 31/10/2018 and had a build week of 51/2018. Went in to dealers today, and although sales guy had gone on an errand, I walked around and found it in Goods Inwards..!!

Meeting sales guy tomorrow to firm up accessories and arrange correction.

From reading others posts on here, it seems like order submission to actual build time is running at an average of seven weeks approximately. Two weeks for delivery to dealer and two/three weeks for customer collection probably wouldn't be far out. I was quoted around four to six weeks over this when I ordered.

Does that help..?

Getting excited here now & getting all indecisive over accessories....or brave...until the totals added...!!

Nice one @Jean-Louis Bourdon ..!!

Strangely, I went back in to sort the finals out earlier & my van is still showing as being at the central depot awaiting delivery to dealer, and my sales chap is adamant the one I've looked at isn't mine. I'm not convinced.. There's too many coincidences there. I'd guess at poor co-ordination and computer updating, but who am I to judge..?

Aiming for a collection on the 26th now.

Any news from you @Ian28 ..?

Also picking my Kombi up from the dealer on 26th of this month, then driving it straight to the company doing my camper conversion.

Also picking my Kombi up from the dealer on 26th of this month, then driving it straight to the company doing my camper conversion.
Ordered Kombi 28th September, ready to pick up 21st December, told them will pick up in new year. Now getting make over , ready to pick up on the 25 th , can’t wait !!

Picking it up Friday. Was delayed a few days as Spoiler was fitted. and Salesman on holiday Thursday...
Long time with no sleep till Friday morning lol

Ok, you win..!!!

I'm collecting mine Saturday..

Guess what..? The one I spotted in the compound WAS mine after all.. Had a call on Monday with an apologetic salesman blaming confused computers..

Excited for you @Jean-Louis Bourdon :)
Hi Steve , what colour and model, I was supposed to pick my deep pearl black 204 dig this Friday, now told it will be ready i the 30 th. !!

You were supposed to be the 26th too, I think @Spitfire ..? But a few days longer is ok in the Big Scheme I guess.. As to colour, I'm a Starlight Blue boy. I'd gone for red, but Mrs H has a red Audi and the clash of tone between the two is horrid to look at, and the thought of both on the drive would drive me nuts..!

I'm also a manual 'box on the back of a 150 engine, and that's because I'm not an auto fan I'm afraid. Can't have a 204 manual it seems, so that was the compromise.

Good luck with the black though. They look a million dollars when they're clean and sparkling, but it's a helluva job to keep them that way. Saying that, I bet a dark blue isn't far behind the cleaning effort stakes..!!

I think you deserve a Bronze Medal for the 30th collection date, though.

:)

You were supposed to be the 26th too, I think @Spitfire ..? But a few days longer is ok in the Big Scheme I guess.. As to colour, I'm a Starlight Blue boy. I'd gone for red, but Mrs H has a red Audi and the clash of tone between the two is horrid to look at, and the thought of both on the drive would drive me nuts..!

I'm also a manual 'box on the back of a 150 engine, and that's because I'm not an auto fan I'm afraid. Can't have a 204 manual it seems, so that was the compromise.

Good luck with the black though. They look a million dollars when they're clean and sparkling, but it's a helluva job to keep them that way. Saying that, I bet a dark blue isn't far behind the cleaning effort stakes..!!

I think you deserve a Bronze Medal for the 30th collection date, though.

:)
Told vw was not happy, so they gave me a few extras,

ha thanks. yes picked up friday.

lovely vehicle. but so different from my previous one (2005 bmw 1 series petrol auto LHD)
so been practicing driving it over the week end

things i learned:
- disable stop start before driving off, or on engine restart after stall
- make the most use of your lane (with my LHD, i set a distance from the curb)
- take corners wide both directions, and don't forget under any circumstances!...

i don't know if it's my driving style but i tend to select a gear below what the cluster recommends. like in the dorset countryside roads, it tells me i could go to 5, i try, don't like it, so get back into 4.

Absolut5 installed the tracker

Hours of endless fun, then..!!

Good to hear you're enjoying it. I suspect the dash 'Gear Change Suggestions' readout is more for an ideal world, best economy, type of thing. Best ignored in the great male tradition, of course..

You're lucky being able to drive your natural LHD side with a manual. I can cope with a LHD auto, but changing gears with my right hand is really weird for me..!!

We collected ours yesterday in a patch of Spring sunshine just to ensure the paint looked a million dollars. A bit odd, having dropped off our BMW 340i Touring auto, but old habits die hard and it was like having an old friend around by the time I got home (we had a T5 for seven years..). First impressions are smoother & quieter, along with that new vehicle smell. And sooooo much room after the Bimmer..!

Can't do many miles today though. I've had a trapped nerve in my neck for a few weeks, and it's really painful to drive for long. I have, however, noticed today that the front seat swivels that were on the build spec are missing, presumed lost.

That's tomorrow sorted now, then..

Loving it, though.

To complete the trio - I picked mine up in Newcastle yesterday morning and drove it down to my converter in South Wales. Have left it there & flew back up to Scotland this afternoon. It’s a 150 4 Motion manual SWB and the motorway driving was a joy. I’m used to a Ford Pick Up so actually enjoyed the smoother ride in the Kombi.

Back