Ok to route across floor

middle-englander

T6 Guru
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to get some cables from my Clayton LPS which I think I'm fitting under the RIB bed next to the kitchen, to the opposite (near) side.
I've been searching the forum but couldn't find much matching this setup.

The cables will be to power 12V lights and USB ports on that side of the van, and I might add an additional 12V and 240V socket in the C pillar for awning accessories.

It's a twin slider and is having a pop top.

So my question is, can I simply run across the van under the ply / altro flooring in some conduit. I'll obviously need to make sure it's clear of any fixings that the RIB will need.

The alternatives seem to be running towards the driver seat and across the floor before coming back, or towards the driver seat, up the b pillar, across, down etc. These will add a lot of cable!

Any thoughts most welcome.

Got a few pics so we can see where your at?

I’ve run cables under my floor between the batons as there is a void and they won’t get crushed

I’ve run cables under my floor between the batons as there is a void and they won’t get crushed
Did you cover them with any capping or mark them? Assuming the van has a long life I wouldn't want anybody in the future to screw into any cables!

Got a few pics so we can see where your at?
Hi Dellmassive, it's pretty much in the "blank canvas" stage at the moment - I've put in windows but it is still not insulated, carpeted etc.
The pop top goes up in about 3 weeks but I've since learned that the ceiling void that most people use to run wires will be inaccessible after installation. They are installing some light wiring for me but I'm just exploring what else I'll need / alternative routes since I'd hate to have to mess with their work!

Putting some Compex in might be a good idea just to add some chaff and pinch protection, I'd keep the 12v and 240v in separate runs.

For your own future self would be a good idea to photograph, do a diagram and record the plan and maybe draw out on the floor ply before final covering where things are.

If you sell the van this is stuff you can pass on with the manuals of stuff you fit.

Back