Cable length from battery to offside wheel area.

Gsixty

T6 Pro
I need to buy some cable to run from the starter battery to the area around the drivers side wheel arch.
I think the run will go into the van behind the leisure battery, under the seats and up the drivers b pillar then across below the window height and out through the panel above the wheel arch. Is this the best route? Are there better? I will be running 25mm2 cable.

Im sure there must be people who have out their dc-dc charger and leisure battery in this place and know the length needed.

Thanks

I cant help with lengths for this particular route but, if you didn't know, there are channels under the front floor trim from the seats to the centre of the dash. This is the route that VW use for several cables and its a useful space for aftermarket modifications too. Once behind the dash it's easy to go to the holes behind the starter battery.
Pic here.

Last edited:
I cant help with lengths for this particular route but, if you didn't know, there are channels under the front floor trim from the seats to the centre of the dash. This is the route that VW use for several cables and its a useful space for aftermarket modifications too. Once behind the dash it's easy to go to the holes behind the starter battery.
Pic here.
Thanks, I have seen pics of those channels. its really then length of cable I hope to find out.

I ran various cables along that route, there is a hole in the back of the b pillar so you can run under the window.

I can’t help on the length, your overal route might be different to mine. Roughly it’s about 2.5 m across, 5 m long, 1m up, and 1m back down. At least 10m. Just lay a tape measure down the route for a better estimate.

I believe 3m of cable to the passenger seat, 3.5m to the drivers is sufficient for following the normal route in the channels and up behind the glove box and through to battery area and have enough for tails - these seem to be the sizes quoted in kits.

For instance https://www.rayneautomotive.co.uk/p...-t5-voltage-sensing-split-charge-relay-system

They quote 5.5m to wheel arch, I assume that is direct along the floor route with just 2m more.

We use 4m of cable from engine battery to under drivers seat. The rest of your route would be easy to measure and obviously depend on swb or lwb.

We use 4m of cable from engine battery to under drivers seat. The rest of your route would be easy to measure and obviously depend on swb or lwb.
Thanks, do you know which is the best fuse to piggyback from on a T6.1 for the ignition supply. Victron dc-dc.

Back