Off Road Tyre MPG

Rupie

T6 Pro
I'm thinking of raising the van a little and fitting a more aggressive tyre, I'm sick of getting beached and stuck in muddy fields.

Has anyone fitted anything like a BF Goodrich All Terrain or General Grabber AT2?
What has it done to your fuel economy, ride comfort/noise etc?

80% of the time the van is driven on road, sometimes pretty long distances (Scotland/Cornwall from the North East) but its also used for Mountain biking and goes into alot of muddy fields and forests, plus there's been snow up on the tops in the North for the last few months now. Trying to weigh up if its worth going for a more aggressive tyre and wondering what I'll be sacrificing if I do!

Cheers!

I have used both of those in the past, the Grabbers were pants as the pattern is good but the rubber is very soft and easily punctured. The BFGs are great but too noisy for my liking so I went for the Michelin Latitude cross and I've been please with them.
IMG_3831.jpg

+1 for the lattiude cross. They're a very good compromise. Quiet on tarmac and no noticble difference in mpg.

Cheers @Loz
What did the BFG's do to your MPG?
To be honest I don't care about mpg so dont bother thinking about it.. But they were on this and it only ever did 17mpg no matter what you did :)

morocco2 555.jpg

General Grabber AT3s
No noticeable fuel difference and great off road.
Done 26k on them and still 6mm left

I have used both of those in the past, the Grabbers were pants as the pattern is good but the rubber is very soft and easily punctured. The BFGs are great but too noisy for my liking so I went for the Michelin Latitude cross and I've been please with them.
View attachment 38701
What size are you running ? I know they are 17s but im expecting a delivery of 18" steel amaroks today, im dropped by 30mm and wondered about tyre rub ? thanks

I agree, looks a great all season but only 10% off-road.

Look very much like my Cross Climates, they're obviously trying to get into the all season market

They put the side lugs on so the soft roaders can look cool in Waitrose car park, at least that’s why I want them !

Liking the look of them too but just a quick search and it looks like they're light on the load rating side for 17s. However they do a 235/50r18 107v that could be a future option for my summer 18s.

Back