OEM LED Tail Lights for barn-door

craigblues

T6 Pro
In process of finalising my van build upgrades/options. Going for LED headlights etc which I feel is a must from others comments on this forum.

Am I being stupid (using the VW online configurator) it says if you have rear barn doors and LED headlights you can't have LED TailLights, Is this the case? OR is just an error in the system? (Cant check with dealer till tomorrow)

I dont think they do the rear barn door lights in LED as they are different to the tailgate lights.

You can probably replace the bulbs with LED versions. Just make sure you get CANBUS ones or you'll have a light on the dash and they'll also be on dimly all the time as my reverse lights on my T5 were until someone told me!

the book says this:

LED headlights with LED daytime running lights. Panel van/kombi
Only in combination with comfort pack – Startline only.

LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights. Panel van/kombi
Only in combination with a tailgate.

LED tail lights. Only in combination with a tailgate.

so maybe not with the wing doors? but ok on the tailgate

The optional LED front headlights (fig. 01), along with the LED tail lights (fig. 02) on vehicles with a tailgate, create a unique highlight with their attractive lighting signature. The advanced LED technology provides a large light volume, durability, and a light spectrum similar to daylight with exceptionally low energy consumption. The optional alloy wheels, such as the 17-inch “Devonport” wheel (fig. 03), reinforce the vehicle’s exclusive appearance.

Last edited:
Evening. Picked up my new van today. With full led pack on it. and i am pretty sure theses aint led rears. Am i right or wrong??

8B1E6BAF-05F5-4E43-8EEF-92BC9AF5A823.jpeg

they are standard lights, you can’t have LED rears with barn doors only tailgate

VW don’t make them for barn doors, the lights are a different shape

432A3EFC-040F-4298-924D-FC2EAE9A59A1.jpeg Check your order form. Hopefully you paid the smaller amount. I would’ve thought the ordering process would do it automatically.

What he said ......

I asked the same question when I collected my van.

No Led rear on barn doors... tailgate only.

Why? Only VW know at this point.

Can we see a better pic of the van to?

Anyone fitted these yet?

203bdf9d-5ea5-4164-9c14-70bf2c1529df-png.51916
@Tourershine maybe?

Are these better than van x?

No idea, I've never seen the Van X ones.
Mine were the first set on a T6 because I purchased the demo set off HQ after badgering Andy. I wanted these because they look OEM, but with much better side lights, and obviously the sequential feature. I can say that they are really nice quality and I've had them installed over a year with no issues at all.

This might help you make up your mind

@tourershine on Instagram: “Stunning oem look sequential rear lights viewed, purchased and fitted within 15mins the only way I know how #transporterhq #oem…”

Back