[T6_measured] 01-Engine - Oil pressure switches & Oil level sensor

I've searched for 04l906455j and its pulling back results for 04L906455A, would this be ok?
Unfortunately I can't confirm their interchangeability.
However, some sellers indeed mention both part numbers, e.g.

Just to be on the safe side i have bought both the high pressure switch and the valve. I did have a quick look inside the engine and i think the high pressure switch has actually been replaced as the brown plug looked nice and clean. Where is the valve located?

8B0F6BE8-BAB3-4CF0-8C63-D63359167495.jpeg

Got the new oil valve fitted and test driven tonight and all fixed, no more flashing coil light! The old part looked a little different but i used the correct part no, old valve had corrosion on it where it sat against the block.

Hello. Very good information. I have the same error 16056, I am going to try to download the data with VCDS. Where can I see the graph? Thank you

Hello. Very good information. I have the same error 16056, I am going to try to download the data with VCDS. Where can I see the graph? Thank you
its done via live data logging, so plug VCDS into your van and then you go for a drive. below is a post from @mmi on how you data log

IGNition ON
Turn Stop/Start OFF

VCDS > Select 01-Engine > Adv. Meas. Values​
Tick "Group UDS requests" - by 7 (if available)​
Tick the following:​
IDE00021 Engine RPM​
IDE00497-MAS00627 Status of oil pressure switches-Oil pressure switch for high pressure​
IDE00497-MAS00628 Status of oil pressure switches-Oil pressure switch for low pressure​
ENG130437 Oil pump PWM signal duty cycle​
Log - Start​
Start the engine,
(1) let it run on tick over for 30 seconds,​
(2) drive around for 5-10 minutes​
(3) let it run on tick over for 30 seconds​
(4) floor the pedal for 5 seconds, pause for 10 seconds, floor the pedal again for 5 seconds, pause for 10 seconds​
(5) Stop the VCDS logging, Done, etc. Exit VCDS​
(6) turn OFF the engine​

Please post the logfile - LOG-01-....CSV from folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs

This is the downloaded file but I don't know how to see the graphics. Thanks

Attachments

• LOG-01-IDE00021_&3-1.CSV
    154.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: mmi
Keep leftmost TIME STAMP column (as X-axis). Hide or delete others. For oil pressure switch statuses replace OPEN with value 0 and CLOSED with value 200. Create a new column which is sum of low and high pressure switch statuses.

Select columns:
TIME STAMP (will become X-axis)
Engine RPM
Oil pump PWM
Newly created sum of oil pressure switches

Create X-Y plot

Thanks, I already have several records. I'll try to get the graphs. Samd remember the location of the valve. Does it change up or down?

Thanks, do you see something wrong with the graphics?
Well, not sure about wrong but the following are different what mine is doing:
  1. At engine start-up your engine does not raise oil pressure to high level (orange line) (compare with post#1 picture 1).
  2. When revving the engine your engine does not raise oil pressure to high level (orange line) (compare with post#1 picture#4). Interestingly also green "dips" are missing - thus perhaps didn't even command higher oil pressure
However, during your journey the behaviour seems to be as expected - green low (at 0) > orange high (at 400).

There are similarities with @SamD 's data - perhaps the oil pressure regulating valve is seizing occasionally (cold?)??

To help the green pressure sensor is in the back covered with a cloth. The brown sensor next to the filter and the oil pressure valve is below covered by the alternator Screenshot_20230121_211955_Chrome.jpg

Eyup folks, hope you’re all ok.

Similar problem to last time, but this is where I’m at now, I’m running out of ideas and money, my guy who looks after my van hasn’t come across this problem either.

Coil light flashing /Start stop error , plugged in and needed an oil pressure switch, had this fitted,

Two weeks later coil light flashing again, won’t rev over 3000 rpm when driving until it’s warm and you turn off and on again, then it’s fine for the rest of the day.
Plugged in, it’s saying oil pressure switch again, there’s two of them on this van so fitted the second one today .

Coil light has started flashing again and same problem again, plugged back in, still says oil pressure switch, but obviously they’re all replaced.

Saw on the forum someone who had this problem then fitted an oil pressure regulator. Fitted this!! This fixed theirs but mine still doing it?!

Anyone had this or have any ideas?!!
Apologies for long boring post!!
Fault code always P164B
T6 150 2016 (66)

Back