NOx sensor and Adblue faults codes

Topped up adblue a little over 3 weeks ago, range was 5500 since then, driving today and the error comes up as blue low, engine won't start 650miles range.

This happened a couple weeks ago and after a few more miles of driving error disappeared and range shot back up to 5500.

What is this issue?

Topped up adblue a little over 3 weeks ago, range was 5500 since then, driving today and the error comes up as blue low, engine won't start 650miles range.

This happened a couple weeks ago and after a few more miles of driving error disappeared and range shot back up to 5500.

What is this issue?
Software update.

Reactions: mmi
Yeah this is what came up today when i checked. I have cleared all the codes on the past and they reappear a few weeks later.

Yeah this is what came up today when i checked. I have cleared all the codes on the past and they reappear a few weeks later.
You really need to see the details of the faults to see which one is bringing on the MiL light.

Will try get to a garage soon to have it looked at.
I did stop to top up the Adblue just now and managed to squeeze £2.84 worth in the tank. The Adblue warning light 600mil range stayed on for 3/4miles down the motorway then went away and range shot back up to 6500

Will try get to a garage soon to have it looked at.
I did stop to top up the Adblue just now and managed to squeeze £2.84 worth in the tank. The Adblue warning light 600mil range stayed on for 3/4miles down the motorway then went away and range shot back up to 6500
Never fill it right to the top you must fill only by the amount shown on the display otherwise the ultrasonic sensor can't determine how full it is and that can cause the error.

Interesting thread. I had to get VW assist out the other day due to engine warning light. They did the P20EE00 update. Should I have been given the adblue top up vouchers that others mention in this thread?

I had my van checked a couple of weeks ago to see if it need the software update and was told it was not needed. It’s a late 2017 Kombi Edition. Sheffield told me the update was only required on a small number of vans! The more and more I have to deal with main dealers the less faith I have in them.

I had my van checked a couple of weeks ago to see if it need the software update and was told it was not needed. It’s a late 2017 Kombi Edition. Sheffield told me the update was only required on a small number of vans! The more and more I have to deal with main dealers the less faith I have in them.
I've asked both Liverpool and Stoke to check this and it seems beyond them......

FWIW and to the muddy the waters, I was told I did not need an update and was not affected by the recall but there was a newer version of the software, which I paid to have updated and it seems to have solved the issues I was having.

Hi guys,
I have this recurrent issue. The van drives perfectly but I have got the engine management light coming up on my dash after few hundred kilometers (distance varies, light usually came up on motorway) it is always the same error - the top one, and sometimes others. They tried updating software, and now they cleaned the system and changed the glow plug1 I believe. The error has returned. This time it disappeared for some time and then returned after downing the fuel almost to empty (motorway mile s only, the EML light came up after starting the engine few days later but before refueling). It is unfortunately out of manufacturers warranty now.

My van is a VW T6 150 bhp DSG euro 6 T30 from 2017, original manufacturer's map, stock wheels, always refuelling to full and I don't overfill the Adblue.

I know I am not the only one with such problems. I wonder if we have people here who sorted the problem out definitely.

I would like to avoid mapping out the EGR, Adblue and DPF

IMG_20210826_183758.jpg

Hi guys,
I have this recurrent issue. The van drives perfectly but I have got the engine management light coming up on my dash after few hundred kilometers (distance varies, light usually came up on motorway) it is always the same error - the top one, and sometimes others. They tried updating software, and now they cleaned the system and changed the glow plug1 I believe. The error has returned. This time it disappeared for some time and then returned after downing the fuel almost to empty (motorway mile s only, the EML light came up after starting the engine few days later but before refueling). It is unfortunately out of manufacturers warranty now.

My van is a VW T6 150 bhp DSG euro 6 T30 from 2017, original manufacturer's map, stock wheels, always refuelling to full and I don't overfill the Adblue.

I know I am not the only one with such problems. I wonder if we have people here who sorted the problem out definitely.

I would like to avoid mapping out the EGR, Adblue and DPF

View attachment 128542
Make sure your EGR flexi pipes (front and rear) aren’t leaking. This is detected as a low flow, which means the EGR doesn’t reduce the NOx as much, and the AdBlue has to work harder. It gives up at a point and flags an error.

Make sure your EGR flexi pipes (front and rear) aren’t leaking. This is detected as a low flow, which means the EGR doesn’t reduce the NOx as much, and the AdBlue has to work harder. It gives up at a point and flags an error.
How can I detect the leakage?

Back