Normal suspension to H&R 50mm drop

I just hope its not crazy crashy lol I dodge pot holes now especially in rear, I just dont think I will cope if like my older lowered cars in my youth

The look is exactly what im after as at the moment its so high the wheels look lost. Every sportline I see looks half decent so 50 should be even better.

BE6184DE-4302-4AC0-8E28-BB117625D128.jpeg

603A2CAD-B44B-4518-8193-8C99F94C50B8.jpeg

I just hope its not crazy crashy lol I dodge pot holes now especially in rear, I just dont think I will cope if like my older lowered cars in my youth

The look is exactly what im after as at the moment its so high the wheels look lost. Every sportline I see looks half decent so 50 should be even better.

View attachment 14022

View attachment 14023
I don’t get any bottoming out even when we go away fully loaded with awning and gear for a 2 week trip to France. If your tyres are low frogile then you probably will get a harder ride. My van Is a T30 so I put the heavy H&R springs.

Im on sportline 18’s think they are 255/45’s

The spring im getting are off a T32 and only 2 months old so should be fine. My problem is that my vans always empty so is crashy at rear.

Im on sportline 18’s think they are 255/45’s

The spring im getting are off a T32 and only 2 months old so should be fine. My problem is that my vans always empty so is crashy at rear.
As you can see we have converted it so we go have permanent weight in the back. stick a few pics on when it’s finished.

Mght have to just whack my camping gear in boot rather than shed lol
We had a 1972 vw beetle that was the opposite very light at the front as the engine i in the back. So I just got 4 bags of sand from the building merchants and put them in the front. Worked a treat

She's booked in for carpet lining Monday so il be paying my deposit for coilovers then, will be a little wait tho as ithink the vanslam kit is on back order....

She's booked in for carpet lining Monday so il be paying my deposit for coilovers then, will be a little wait tho as ithink the vanslam kit is o
She's booked in for carpet lining Monday so il be paying my deposit for coilovers then, will be a little wait tho as ithink the vanslam kit is on back order....
i look forward to your pics and thoughts after it is done. On another point I’m trying to decide on light bulb upgrade and getting other people’s views. Do you have led lights or have you upgraded your bulbs?.

I haven't yet but that's something I will be doing soon, the carpet lining people offered the led ceiling lights but I'm not going for that, it's not a camper so don't see the point, the oem lights with led bulbs should be ok, plus the flip down DVD player I'm fitting has lights either side which can be wired in so they turn on when the van is unlocked

Has anyone on here ever fitter their own lowered springs? I’m considering giving it a go, the rears look easy, it’s just the fronts that may be a bit tricky or time consuming. I have some spring compressors. What else other than a decent socket set do you think I would need. I’m fitting 50mm H&R springs only on a T32 that’s only done a few hundred miles. Anyone’s experience of doing this themselves would be very gratefully received.

I've done it back in the day on older cars, can't imagine it's that difficult, I'm just past doing that stuff now lol just let the experts do it for me :laugh::laugh:

The garage I use locally quoted my £120 so it's a simple choice :)

I’ve just had some quotes for 4hrs labour to fit them, circa £300+vat so will be giving it a go at the weekend. I’ll post some pics if I can get some as I go along along with before and after. The van is empty but will have a full conversion eventually so bear that in mind when I post up some pictures. Wish me luck

300 / 4 = crazy hourly rate
Go somewhere else, 4 hours is about right but 300 is daft
As above i paid a bit over 100 for mine to be fitted and that was a VAG approved bodyshop (our dealer doesnt have a paint shop)

As mentioned before rears are pretty straightforward on a ramp its the fronts that take time to get the complete damper/spring unit out

Back