Normal suspension to H&R 50mm drop

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
Just some feedback from people who made the switch and how different it drove.

Was it alot firmer or very much the same as standard etc

Really appreciate any help.

I fitted H&R 40mm, and yes the handling has improved, but the ride is harsh and crashy, but that's on a T32 which was hard and crashy before.

@Scruffy

I find mine crashy as standard but mainly at the back, Im just annoyed that a few members have had issues as I have a set of 50mm ready in good condition with a careful former owner.

I have no soundproofing either so dont want it any worse ha if the difference is very little then id feel better

I'm looking to drop mine and not sure what to do, go for just springs or go for the van slam coilovers kit, I don't want it to be a ruff ride only lowering for the look...

Just some feedback from people who made the switch and how different it drove.

Was it alot firmer or very much the same as standard etc

Really appreciate any help.
I dropped mine 50mm on H&R heavy springs and have 17"" alloys. I find I looks perfect and drives nice and firm with no roll on cornering. Still very comfortable and very happy with it. i toyed to keep classic look so didn't want it to look to low. My drive is on a slight incline so the back end is sitting lower

IMG_6776.JPG

That's just the look I'm after! And in my budget :laugh:
I was a bit worried at first as I Was all over 30,40or 50mm 17,18,19, or 20 alloys. But then I got a brand new set of alloys and tyres of 17 plate for £500 and springs from chilly jam vans for £255 and £140 to fit so well within my budget as all my money had gone in conversion. The look and drive is fantastic firm and steering is responsive so you can feel the road but still very comfortable. Very impressed and happy. I must say chilly jam vans were very helpful in telling me what they thought without trying to sell full suspension kits.

I was a bit worried at first as I Was all over 30,40or 50mm 17,18,19, or 20 alloys. But then I got a brand new set of alloys and tyres of 17 plate for £500 and springs from chilly jam vans for £255 and £140 to fit so well within my budget as all my money had gone in conversion. The look and drive is fantastic firm and steering is responsive so you can feel the road but still very comfortable. Very impressed and happy. I must say chilly jam vans were very helpful in telling me what they thought without trying to sell full suspension kits.
I agree, bought my springs from chilli jam vans, Brett is a top guy and always happy to have a chat about stuff, defo recommend them

I can only talk from my experience, I dropped my old van (t30 5.1) on 40mm h&r with standard shocks, it was always crashy and underwhelming. when i got my t6 i had it dropped by about 60mm with bilstein coilovers, the difference is clear. it now rides like amazing, as others have said, its almost standard ride quality but lower, i assume it like this with other coilover set ups (?). obviously these set ups are more expensive but honestly wait a little and get the coilovers, im gutted i didnt do it with my old van the 4 years i had it

I can only talk from my experience, I dropped my old van (t30 5.1) on 40mm h&r with standard shocks, it was always crashy and underwhelming. when i got my t6 i had it dropped by about 60mm with bilstein coilovers, the difference is clear. it now rides like amazing, as others have said, its almost standard ride quality but lower, i assume it like this with other coilover set ups (?). obviously these set ups are more expensive but honestly wait a little and get the coilovers, im gutted i didnt do it with my old van the 4 years i had it
I looked at coilovers but they were way out of the money I had left out If budget. It’s a hard decision it would have been good to drive both then decided . That’s why I posted this just to try and give a bit of feedback on what I found.
I guess if you have the cash coilovers are probably the way to go.

As I'm running 18" sportlines
i I looked at 30 but when seen sports line van I disentangle think it looked very low. Then thought about 40 but decided what’s another 10mm hence 50 for me. I suppose the profile of the tyres will effect the look ?.

Think I'm going for van slam coilovers as mines a t32 I hear even the 50mm doesn't drop it much and it will sits a bit nose heavy

God damn b14 hi jackers lol

My standard ride is crashy so balls to it lol

These are on route

566C19EA-3512-441C-99A6-9B1DDACAA05F.jpeg

Back