Non t6 accident

teamfly

McLife Sentence
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Some took out my wife's car yesterday.
Any opinions on whether this looks fixable or likely to write it off ?
I'm away just now so haven't seen it in the flesh , I'm thinking wheel looks to have moved possibly?
2013 Audi A4 on low miles .

Screenshot_20230305-075857.png

Screenshot_20230305-075839.png

From my very recent experience, that will most likely become a Cat S Total Loss. Have a look at what is being auctioned here - you'll be amazed what gets 'written off' by the insurance companies. iaai auction search

Probably not what you wanted to hear but you will most likely have the option to buy the car back. It'll always have the fact it was structurally damaged on the V5 though,

It's what I was thinking.
I'm thinking best to keep car rather than allow insurance to recover it as being easier to hang on to salvage?

Agreed - if the wheel has moved, it suggests structural damage. The pics suggest only panel damage though.

Either way, it’s going to take a while to polish out
From my very recent experience, that will most likely become a Cat S Total Loss. Have a look at what is being auctioned here - you'll be amazed what gets 'written off' by the insurance companies. iaai auction search

Probably not what you wanted to hear but you will most likely have the option to buy the car back. It'll always have the fact it was structurally damaged on the V5 though,

I’ve been looking at Up/Mii/Citigo’s for a while (see wanted advert) and there are LOTS of CAT N & S. Some have pictures and often a bumper and headlight or a stoved in door is enough to make it a CAT N. Also, lots went this way during Covid as easier all round to write off!

The pics suggest only panel damage though
It was the main body behind the door I was focusing on which is a part of the monocoque chassis and would most likely make it a Cat S. Even a damaged sill can trigger a Cat S.

Reactions: JOG
Ok , thanks.
Also the abs light is on & wife says it pulls to left .
I should get home tonight to get a look at in the flesh .

We normally do a geo first to see if owt is bent before we start any work. But even if it is, should be a cheap enough fix. You would be surprised how old a car the insurance companies are starting to repair these day's as they are cheaper to repair. Newer cars are written off due to stupid priced trims, lights and sensors.

Could just be a bent control arm so replacing that or others would fix it.

Id say its fixable from what you have shown. New outer door skin is easy enough, the rear arch is probably the biggest issue. Does the door open and shut okay? If she was hit then you can demand it gets fixed I believe especially at they level of damage.

Hiya ,
Hawco have & although it's at level of non economic repair ( borderline)
, They're managing to go with repair.
Snapped subframe amongst everything else

Back