Newcastle VW dealership

@Dave F Thank you I appreciate all of the advice I have received here. Yes the policy is running down now. I think it is on to day 10. If they agreed to fully respray all the problematic areas and sort out the big scratch on the sliding door then I would be happy. They are picking the van up between 9:30am and 10am tomorrow morning. So I have a small window to speak to them beforehand and let them know of my intentions.

Last edited:
@Dave F Thank you I appreciate all of the advice I have received here. Yes the policy is running down now. I think it is on to day 10. If they agreed to fully sprayed all the problematic areas and sort out the big scratch on the sliding door then I would be happy. They are picking the van up between 9:30am and 10am tomorrow morning. So I have a small window to speak to them beforehand and let them know of my intentions.
I hope you get it sorted and are happy follow up your conversation tomorrow with a email to confirm what you have agreed. I have found that over the years lookers have dropped back a step or 4 with there customer care.
For my next van I will plan ahead and go to Luke at nationwide cars his deals and finance options are fantastic I have always left it to late to order then the waiting list was just to long to get what I wonted in time. Good luck

Last edited:
Just a quick update about my van....

They picked it up on Monday as planned but I told them I no longer wanted it and asked them to find me an alternative. They didn't have any silver vans in their stock and the only other reasonable option was a dark grey van. As I was away from Monday to Wednesday, I couldn't go and see the van until yesterday afternoon.

The van was in much better condition than the silver van and this one was also on a 68 plate with 2,000 less miles on the clock. The van also has a back window whereas the silver doesn't. The grey van was £1200 more than the silver but they have agreed at the same price as the silver. Not bad considering a few days ago the sales manager said I was the unreasonable party.

I have to wait a few days for them to sort the paperwork out and swap it over to the new van so I am still using the silver van until then. I will post a few pics when I get it.

They picked it up on Monday as planned but I told them I no longer wanted it and asked them to find me an alternative. They didn't have any silver vans in their stock and the only other reasonable option was a dark grey van. As I was away from Monday to Wednesday, I couldn't go and see the van until yesterday afternoon.

The van was in much better condition than the silver van and this one was also on a 68 plate with 2,000 less miles on the clock. The van also has a back window whereas the silver doesn't. The grey van was £1200 more than the silver but they have agreed at the same price as the silver. Not bad considering a few days ago the sales manager said I was the unreasonable party.

I have to wait a few days for them to sort the paperwork out and swap it over to the new van so I am still using the silver van until then. I will post a few pics when I get it.
I think that was the best option and it looks like you have a better van out of it. I am really pleased you are happy as there is nothing worse than spending that kind of money and being messed around. Looking forward to the pics

BOOM - EXCELLENT NEWS - Welcome to team Indium!!

Sounds like a great result.

Hi guys, I am back to post an update about the situation I have been dealing with. As you know I ended up swapping the van that I originally bought for a van that was in an acceptable condition. (Pictures to follow)

After I rejected the van in poor condition they said I could keep using it until the paper work was sorted out. after 2 weeks it was still not sorted out and it was coming to the date when they would take the first payment. I rejected the van on the 14th of May and come the 28th I had not heard anything so I called them to ask what was going on. They said they were still waiting and not to worry as they had cancelled the order for the original van and were sure I would not be charged the first month payment. 2 days later I check my account and they had taken the money from my account which left me overdrawn. It has now taken 3 weeks to recover.

I also had a few issues regarding tax. I received a letter from the DVLA for a tax renewal on the car that I had traded in 8 weeks ago. It turns out that they had not even sent the documentation to the DVLA to transfer it and come of the end of June it would automatically renew. I wasn't fussed about recovering the last months tax from this vehicle because it was only £30 for the year. I just needed to make sure the vehicle had been transferred from my name. They assure me that this is being sorted out.

The other problem with tax was the original van that I purchased. I paid 6 months tax for the vehicle and I was only due to pay 1 month before I handed it back and had to recover the remaining 5 months tax. The date for the start of the 2nd month arrived and I still had no log book sent through the post. So now I am paying tax for 2 vans for the month of June when I have only ever had 1. I am also paying this months tax for a car that I handed in 8 weeks ago. I called them yesterday and they said the tax for the first van has been cancelled and they were waiting for the money back from the DVLA. The cheque will be for 4 months tax instead of what should be for 5 months. I only drove the van for 2 weeks and end up paying tax for 2 month. After I called yesterday afternoon, they said they will give me a cheque for the full 6 month.

If anybody is considering buying a van from this place, you must ask to speak to the young lad called Jack. He will look after you and make sure you are treated properly. The original salesman was on holiday and didn't even bother to tell me he would be away so this would prolong my issues and inevitably cost me ££, so I requested somebody else sort it out. This is when I met Jack. He done the hand over for the new van. I spent a few minutes with him and I new instantly that this was the guy who I should have seen to start with. When I showed Jack to state of the original van he said he would be embarrassed to hand it over like that.

I blame the original salesman for accepting it in this condition then thinking it was acceptable to hand over to me in that state. And the sales manager for trying to bullsh*t me into thinking the van was in acceptable condition and that he would accept it in that state.
But I have to say the original blame is down to Lookers in Glasgow for sending the van in such poor condition. VW Newcastle have told them that they no longer will accept any vehicles from them that has not had a full review and walk around video sent first.

Hi guys, I am back to post an update about the situation I have been dealing with. As you know I ended up swapping the van that I originally bought for a van that was in an acceptable condition. (Pictures to follow)

After I rejected the van in poor condition they said I could keep using it until the paper work was sorted out. after 2 weeks it was still not sorted out and it was coming to the date when they would take the first payment. I rejected the van on the 14th of May and come the 28th I had not heard anything so I called them to ask what was going on. They said they were still waiting and not to worry as they had cancelled the order for the original van and were sure I would not be charged the first month payment. 2 days later I check my account and they had taken the money from my account which left me overdrawn. It has now taken 3 weeks to recover.

I also had a few issues regarding tax. I received a letter from the DVLA for a tax renewal on the car that I had traded in 8 weeks ago. It turns out that they had not even sent the documentation to the DVLA to transfer it and come of the end of June it would automatically renew. I wasn't fussed about recovering the last months tax from this vehicle because it was only £30 for the year. I just needed to make sure the vehicle had been transferred from my name. They assure me that this is being sorted out.

The other problem with tax was the original van that I purchased. I paid 6 months tax for the vehicle and I was only due to pay 1 month before I handed it back and had to recover the remaining 5 months tax. The date for the start of the 2nd month arrived and I still had no log book sent through the post. So now I am paying tax for 2 vans for the month of June when I have only ever had 1. I am also paying this months tax for a car that I handed in 8 weeks ago. I called them yesterday and they said the tax for the first van has been cancelled and they were waiting for the money back from the DVLA. The cheque will be for 4 months tax instead of what should be for 5 months. I only drove the van for 2 weeks and end up paying tax for 2 month. After I called yesterday afternoon, they said they will give me a cheque for the full 6 month.

If anybody is considering buying a van from this place, you must ask to speak to the young lad called Jack. He will look after you and make sure you are treated properly. The original salesman was on holiday and didn't even bother to tell me he would be away so this would prolong my issues and inevitably cost me ££, so I requested somebody else sort it out. This is when I met Jack. He done the hand over for the new van. I spent a few minutes with him and I new instantly that this was the guy who I should have seen to start with. When I showed Jack to state of the original van he said he would be embarrassed to hand it over like that.

I blame the original salesman for accepting it in this condition then thinking it was acceptable to hand over to me in that state. And the sales manager for trying to bullsh*t me into thinking the van was in acceptable condition and that he would accept it in that state.
But I have to say the original blame is down to Lookers in Glasgow for sending the van in such poor condition. VW Newcastle have told them that they no longer will accept any vehicles from them that has not had a full review and walk around video sent first.
I agree with you jack is the only one I deal with as the rest are full of SH__.
He always says it as it is and doses bow down to the sales managers.
I got a crafter that was in lookers Carlisle but then change my mind a couple of weeks later just before Christmas I decided to go for it after sorting a few specification issues out one the forum ie, do I need A/C.
I event back and jack was away for a couple of weeks so I seen another lad told him I wonted to go ahead he told e he would get it transferred over to Newcastle so I could view it and then we could sort everything out and he would call me back That was the last I herd from him no call back.
I called lookers Carlisle and spoke to them and got it all sorted . They gave me a better trade in deal , matts, seat covers, dash bouts cups, and were really food. With the finance deal and trade in I will save £1500 ish over 5 years so I’m glad he didn’t call back.

@Dave F Yeah Jack definitely does not fall for the rubbish that the rest of them do. He is up front with you and doesn't just tell you what you want to hear. I mentioned a few things to Jack and he had no problem sorting it out with the sales manager. I mentioned about filling my tank up and he was back over within minutes with the fuel card to take me to fill it up. He new of my situation and even though he had no part in it, he was very apologetic.

I know I have slated there customer service but Jack is definitely not in the same bracket. His customer service is excellent and he could definitely be running the place. For me he is easily the superior salesman at this branch.

This is my new van. I have already done a few things to it. I will create my own thread sometime today and post pics of the work I have done up to now.

20190618_113954.jpg

Back