Newbie from Cumbria

Martin Gibson

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,just thought i would say hello. Just picked up my first Transporter. It is a T6 Kombi Highline 150 in pearl black. Ex demo with 1500 miles on the clock,comfort dash,nav,twin electric sliders tailgate model. It felt nice driving it home,good step up from my Shogun Sport that I've had for 12 and a half years. I bought it from Liverpool van centre which i have seen some bad reviews about but have to say,i found the whole thing spot on and i also think i got the van for a really good price. I wasnt worried about bad after sales rewiews because i will be using Vw in Cumbria for any work. They have got an absolutely massive stock,there are literally 100's of new and used vans. Anyhow,we will see how it goes

Superb, and welcome to the club .

Now get posting some pics.

You probably did get a good price. End of year and sales of new cars have been down lately (at least here in Australia and probably in UK I imagine if that's where you are).

...Yeah...Hello from Cumbria! I've been planning to get a bigger van for a while, I've been running a Caddy for my work, and so have just picked up a T6 Highline 102. I plan to make it usable for accommodation when following the BSB and work purposes. Looking for lots of sensible advice on the forum and will be asking many questions....some probably very stupid! But....none of you know me...so? Who cares!! Haha

Hi and welcome to the forum! Try a search (of course) but don’t be afraid to ask silly questions either! Pics of van are always welcome

Hi all, just picked up this 2020 plate today after long drive from Cumbria to Peterborough and back. Promised myself I wouldn't but another black vehicle (had 4 before) but they do look great when clean (for the first 5 mins). Been looking for months for the right van.

2nd vehicle for us, planning to convert to day van for me the wife and dog after serving duty as a van for a few month while we renovate our new house this spring.

Pleased enough with performance for the 150, I guess from the feedback from my wife in the chase car, I need recalibrate the speedo quite urgently before I collect a bunch of tickets :oops:, ordered a new genuine VCDS cable tonight.

IMG_9328.jpg

Back