Newbie about to order a new T6

Problem is the customer configurator and the dealer one don't always tally either. If you take a spec that's not allowed you run the risk of missing something as they estimate what you'd like!

The classic one for California were the comfort seats. They sounded like a bargain no cost option for height adjustment. What no one knew that if you order anything other than standard seats you lost the swivel. Quite a few came through to the dealer network they had to bite the bullet.
How embarrassing for the dealer and a bitter disappointment for the customer. One chap on the another forum got the California of his dreams, trouble was it as missing 4Motion.

My advice is at every point someone has to key in the information make sure you see a print out and query everything that looks incorrect.
They shouldn't be able to make any changes to an order without your written consent. At least that was with my dealer Lookers in Newcastle

phew

...message ends...
The price on the configuration should be the price you pay. I have ordered several brand new VWs this way and never had an issue. The dealer has always emailed the spec back to me to check too before they have put it through the system. There is however a disclaimer by VW that specs may change without warning prior to you getting the vehicle so there is always a slim chance that could happen but out of 8 brand new VWs I have never had it. The thing I have had is a car coming into the country with a better spec than I am pay for and ending up with that one lol!

The price on the configuration should be the price you pay. I have ordered several brand new VWs this way and never had an issue. The dealer has always emailed the spec back to me to check too before they have put it through the system. There is however a disclaimer by VW that specs may change without warning prior to you getting the vehicle so there is always a slim chance that could happen but out of 8 brand new VWs I have never had it. The thing I have had is a car coming into the country with a better spec than I am pay for and ending up with that one lol!

Interesting, I wonder if the Calilfornia problem then. Of course considering how many they sell mistakes may only be a minute percentage. I was hoping for something extra on mine but alas it was not to be. It was built to the correct spec. At the moment I never been happier with any wheeled than I am with this one.

...message ends...

I would ditch the Discover Media Nav and go for the app connect with Dual USB. All u do is plug your phone in and u have google/imaps. Loads better than VW NAV. I had to pop along to a car dealer to see in action are Van Centre were clueless.
Does the MFSW still fully control the radio?

Why oh why did you put that link on @Steven !!!!!!
I put my van in for service on Wednesday and took out a caravelle for a test drive with all the lights and toys on it. The lights just make it look sooooo much better.... And now it's another " must do " ......;)
Just get your Mrs to ditch the BMW and get a caravelle will save you putting leds on the van ;):D

Just get your Mrs to ditch the BMW and get a caravelle will save you putting leds on the van ;):D
Don't get me started on this one mate, had 3 months of trying to pursuade her to let me go for one of the Customvanz gts caravelle conversions, going on about all the benefits it would give us and how much space and comfort, even tried bribery ( worth a shot ) but to no avail, she's ended up with a new shape Mercedes E class 350.
To say I wasn't impressed was an understatement, even the sales lad said he has never seen anyone so unhappy at picking up a new car :(:cry::(

Don't get me started on this one mate, had 3 months of trying to pursuade her to let me go for one of the Customvanz gts caravelle conversions, going on about all the benefits it would give us and how much space and comfort, even tried bribery ( worth a shot ) but to no avail, she's ended up with a new shape Mercedes E class 350.
To say I wasn't impressed was an understatement, even the sales lad said he has never seen anyone so unhappy at picking up a new car :(:cry::(

I rember you trying to get her to go for a customvanz gts didn't even know they did a caravelle gts version, please DO NOT show it to me :geek:

I'm properly gutted she never went with it mate, just absolutely everything I wanted, but got the " it's a van and I don't want to drive a van " which infuriated me even more :mad::mad::mad:
Don't get me wrong Merc is really impressive with some futuristic toys on it and newly designed engine and 9 speed auto box......
But just not a Velle.... ( I'm welling up as writing this ) :(

I'm properly gutted she never went with it mate, just absolutely everything I wanted, but got the " it's a van and I don't want to drive a van " which infuriated me even more :mad::mad::mad:
Don't get me wrong Merc is really impressive with some futuristic toys on it and newly designed engine and 9 speed auto box......
Shall I just pop down the m53 now so you can have a cry on my shoulder pal

Don't forget some pics @andythom188 of all your hard work mate :thumbsup:
Been taking loads of pics just waiting to do the floor, leather trim will have to wait abit till I've sold the kombi rear seat set up,
So I have to potential of the van being a 7 seater when needed got x2 single rear swivel caravelle seats in the garage, triple is in and multifunction table so the Mrs is happy if we need to take extra people with us.

Driving ours back home this afternoon in the sunshine, I realised this is the best vehicle I've ever owned in nearly 40 years driving, it just feels so right, the wife loves it as much as me, it's bloody brilliant.

Driving ours back home this afternoon in the sunshine, I realised this is the best vehicle I've ever owned in nearly 40 years driving, it just feels so right, the wife loves it as much as me, it's bloody brilliant.
Rub it in poor Pedro is sobbing his heart out in Liverpool :rofl: the caravelle is a very nice vehicle and that dash well ! I'm going to stop there or I'm going to start crying :cry:

It's lucky I haven't got mascara on , or I'd look like an extra from kiss......, and to think I classed you as mates......:)
We could always get someone to loose the merc then tell the Mrs if we had got a caravelle this would of never happened :rofl: think it might work ;)

Back