Newbie about to order a new T6

Imho, I probably wouldn't bother with the Discover sat nav. It isn't a patch on a decent Tom-Tom or Garmin (again in my opinion). I would add the comfort dash in place of the Discover unit as standard dash is a bit plastic-fantastic (assuming that option is still available).
That's a bit harsh! I don't mind my standard dash.
Anyway welcome @Smarty ! It's all personal choice and budget at the end of the day. You go with what you feel you like it all soon mounts up in cost.

oh and mine is also highline do you should have the multi fanuctional steering wheel and composition media head unit as standard.

Hi guys.

What's people's opinions on 20" wheels? Too much of a rough drive? Would 19's make much difference?

Did you say it's it's an aftermarket thing Thogg?
Nope.. it's a dealer option.. but lots of them don't even seem to know it exists! I ended up calling VW U.K. Who then called my dealer to say that it does exist as an option. They finally accepted that the customer was more informed than them and added the option.

That's a bit harsh! I don't mind my standard dash.
Anyway welcome @Smarty ! It's all personal choice and budget at the end of the day. You go with what you feel you like it all soon mounts up in cost.
Would you have picked the standard dash over the comfort dash option BG? Also, for £900, I think the Discover sat nav that struggles to find locations in even major cities is a bit disappointing to be honest.

Arr wheels, a very subjective and personal topic me thinks!!!!

I like 20s, I do think they can look a little large depending on style whereas some look great. I'm on 19s which I choose for specific van height issues (fit in garage) otherwise I'd have gone with 20s. That said, now I've got the 19s I don't think they need to be any bigger!!

Thanks walski. Really torn between 19's or 20's. I have 18's on my t5.1 and have always wanted 20's but keep getting told they ruin the drive. As you said I must find out for myself

One thing I have found with larger wheels (I have 19's fitted) is the impact they have on fuel economy. I reckon I lose about 100 miles of range to a tankful with my 19's compared to the standard 16's

I have 245 55 19 fitted, no issues finding tyres. Go on Blackcircles for selection at various prices. Ride if anything is improved, less wallow and tighter handling but road noise, especially on rougher surfaces is noticeably more and that is with additional sound proofing. Not unbearable though

Nice one. Cheers.

55. Wow was thinking of 275/45/19 or20
55 is a typo, I meant 45. I know 275's are popular, but I would be wary of tramlining at that width and I would think road noise would be even worse?
No doubt someone on here with experience of that size could offer their opinion though.

Back