Newbie about to order a new T6

App connect + composition media works far better than I thought it would as there had been a lot of negative feedback on the forum. I have Sony Experia Z3 phone running Android 6.0.1 -
Google maps with android auto is probably better than the built-in SatNav in my Audi A4.

T6 LWB 204 DSG
KOMBI INDIUM GREY
HEATED SEATS
ELECTRIC FOLDING MIRRORS
HEATED WASHER NOZZLES
HIGH BEAM ASSIST
FULL LED FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS
GETTING THE ABT KIT AND SOUND SYSTEM FITTED AFTER

Would you have picked the standard dash over the comfort dash option BG? Also, for £900, I think the Discover sat nav that struggles to find locations in even major cities is a bit disappointing to be honest.
I would definitely pick standard over comfort lol

Reactions: CRD
I've got 275 40 19s on the rear, 245 45 on the front. Nice ride, no rubbing no issues ;):thumbsup:

T6 LWB 204 DSG
KOMBI INDIUM GREY
HEATED SEATS
ELECTRIC FOLDING MIRRORS
HEATED WASHER NOZZLES
HIGH BEAM ASSIST
FULL LED FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS
GETTING THE ABT KIT AND SOUND SYSTEM FITTED AFTER

Make sure you don't get charged for the heated washer nozzles as they are part of the LED lights upgrade. My order had these added along with headlight washers for about £275 extra so a nice little saving when I got the sales guy to check and remove it from the invoice.

Wow. Is that true. Must see if I got charged for them then. I love this forum stuff don't know why I didn't get involved years ago. Many thanks

Good point @Smarty plenty of people getting charged for things they shouldnt, i think the other one was lights and vision pack which is standard on a highline or something similar

Yes @Pauly they are quite happy to add items to the order without fully understanding what they are. I had the heated washers added which was about £65 including fluid indicator but then upgraded to LED lights and was told that the system automatically added the headlight washers when the LED light were added. Makes sense as they are part of the package but it had been added by the dealer as two separate packages. VW would not have charged them for it but they tried to charge me. I fully believe this was an honest mistake and was lack of knowledge and some issues within VW's ordering system and the online configurator.

LED headlights with LED daytime running lights

8Q3 Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
8X1 Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator
8IT LED headlamps
8SA Standard tail lights

Not sure if @Dannywilds got charged for the £25 washer heaters only £45 heaters and fluid level indicator of £190 for heaters with washers but either way it will be an overcharge (sorry this may be old prices now)

A tip is to go on commercial VW configuration site and build the van on there as you would want it. It clearly shows what comes as standard etc. It should then allow you to save it and generate a code for ordering which will ensure you are not charged anything wrong by the dealership.

A tip is to go on commercial VW configuration site and build the van on there as you would want it. It clearly shows what comes as standard etc. It should then allow you to save it and generate a code for ordering which will ensure you are not charged anything wrong by the dealership.

Problem is the customer configurator and the dealer one don't always tally either. If you take a spec that's not allowed you run the risk of missing something as they estimate what you'd like!

The classic one for California were the comfort seats. They sounded like a bargain no cost option for height adjustment. What no one knew that if you order anything other than standard seats you lost the swivel. Quite a few came through to the dealer network they had to bite the bullet.
How embarrassing for the dealer and a bitter disappointment for the customer. One chap on the another forum got the California of his dreams, trouble was it as missing 4Motion.

My advice is at every point someone has to key in the information make sure you see a print out and query everything that looks incorrect.
They shouldn't be able to make any changes to an order without your written consent. At least that was with my dealer Lookers in Newcastle

phew

...message ends...

Back