Newbie about to order a new T6

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi All,

First post so please go gentle!

I'm about to place an order for a new T6 with the following spec.

T32 DSG 150 Kombi Highline (SWB)
LED Front & Rear lights
Discover Media Nav
Front & Rear sensors with Camera
Dual side doors
Power fold mirrors
2+1 Rear seats

Is there any other desirable options I should be considering?

Colour is most likely to be Starlight Blue...

Thanks in advance, Paul

Hi Paul
Sounds like you have it covered there. As for spec its endless really, is all about what you need and want. I found twin electric side door to be a great option and a fair price.

Mines pretty much the same spec as that- had heated seats and the 80 litre fuel tank as well. If i was ordering again, i would get the power latching for the side doors and tailgate, but at the time thought they may be finger trappers ! Personally, and i dont want to upset anyone here, i wouldnt have starlight blue again- i picked it from the brochure, and hadn't seen it in the flesh. It lovely on a nice day though.

Hi TEESIXY,

May I ask why you wouldn't go for starlight blue again?

I've seen it in the showroom on a kombi, its darker than I thought but I like the metallic flec in it. Although I've not seen it in daylight...

Paul

I'm digging a hole here.. On a sunny day and its clean, its lovely, but some of the time looks like a dull black, or very dark grey, i suppose thats inevitable with dark metalics. Dont get me wrong, i dont dislike it but sometimes wish i had gone for a lighter colour

Don't forget the 'additional dust seal'...... best £30 option around!!!!!

Thanks for the input,

I've added power latching to the doors and tailgate, 80L fuel tank and the additional dust seals.

Final choice is colour (which I know is subjective) I like Starlight Blue, but apparently Indium Grey has a better resale value (poss up to £1k? if the dealer is to be believed!).....

Imho, I probably wouldn't bother with the Discover sat nav. It isn't a patch on a decent Tom-Tom or Garmin (again in my opinion). I would add the comfort dash in place of the Discover unit as standard dash is a bit plastic-fantastic (assuming that option is still available).

It adds better adjustable air vents, a nicer trim with additional covers to tidy up the passenger side and centre top dash 'holes', a better gear stick pod with additional storage, another USB port (I think). I don't have it unfortunately, but there should be a few on here who have retrofitted the parts (not cheap!) or who ordered it from new who can give more details or even show pics.
I would also add heated seats which are a god-send in the cold winter mornings!

Oh, and if you don't specifically need the double front passenger bench, then spec twin captains seats with factory swivels if you feel you would use them.

Hi @T6Paul if you check the poll on Show Us Your T6 you will find that Indium Grey is way out front in popularity. Welcome to the forum which is populated with friendly and helpful peeps with a breadth of knowledge and willingness to advise if asked, as you have found with your first post and question. Enjoy the ride on the Forum and I hope that you don't get to impatient with the wait until you take delivery :waving:

Welcome, I have the starlight and it is still my favourite, Just had it treated and looks fantastic in the sun ( the little its seen this week!). Like the heated seats this time of year.

Don't be a sheep. Go for the colour you like. £1k sounds like a lot but you have to look at something you don't really like every day until you sell it.

I would ditch the Discover Media Nav and go for the app connect with Dual USB. All u do is plug your phone in and u have google/imaps. Loads better than VW NAV. I had to pop along to a car dealer to see in action are Van Centre were clueless.

Hi there.

Brand new here myself too. Looking forward to my Indium Grey kombi dsg 204 LWB with the ABT kit (excluding ABT roof spoiler) coming on the 1st March 17 plate!

Extras are : 20" Axe ex14 wheels
Full LED lights front and back
Heated seats
Heated washer nozzles
Head light assist
After market Alpine x800 du
The best seat covers from a company called auto leathers.Co.uk.

Sooooooooo excited that I'm boring everbody around me. Lol

Danny near Stansted

I second those comments above.

Extra dust seals -Must have.
Power latching - Loving this especially on tail gate.
Discovery Nav - Thought twice about this, should have thought a third time. Painful too use, £150 TomTom kills it in all areas, apart from tidiness.
Heated Seats - Nice extra for the price.
Folding mirrors - Really like though some on here don't.
LED Lights - Awesome, but oh what a price.
Auxiliary Heater - Must have for me, good price too.
Carpet in Cab - Absolute must have, not so van like.
Comfort Dash - Not got this and was disappointed but on using standard one I think it suits MY needs better. Comfort does look nicer though.
App Connect - Top of my extras list and loving it, wish I had added media control too.
Mud Flaps - If you want them then factory fit is better and cheaper than dealer.

Colours a big one but that's one only you can answer. Just take comfort in the fact that they look good in any colour.

Back