New van: ply-line or leave bare?

lenlec

T6 Pro
Morning all
hope to pick up a new 6.1 next week. The dealer has said do I want it ply lined ?
i plan to get it insulated and carpeted straight away. So is it best to buy it with out ply lining ?
it’s a panel van lwb. Not a kombi
cheers

I’m guessing they just get a firm to throw a ply lining kit at it, I would go with no and do it properly or at least with more care and thought

I’d say no ply if it was mine, as there are random screw holes in places where the ply was fitted. Better to avoid and do it once, but properly.

Thanks what’s a rough cost price to get a lwb panel van soundproof insulate and carpeted ?.

Its a no from me too!

From what I’ve seen they just go mad with the self tappers including into the floor which sort of defeats the reason for having the ply!

The carpet lining panels generally pick up the 8mm holes already in the bodywork for their fixings.

£400-1000 for ply, carpet lining and insulation, depending on what you spec - lighting, ceiling etc. On a new van, you may just want to go for the panels and leave the areas between uncarpeted. That can be done for £300 DIY - pre-carpeted ply panels and two stage insulation that is easy to do. Floor would be additional - £300+

Picking mine up Tuesday :) and I always tell the dealer NOT to ply line it, the company's they get in to do it just lash them in.

Mine will mostly be a work van but I'm fussy so I'll be doing mine.

And as the other members have said, definitely no to the ply lining!

Back