New T6.1 Sportline front sensor fault

Robdog2473

Hi all, I got my new T6.1 Sportline in July this year after waiting almost a year for it to be built. From day 1 I have had issues with the 2 front centre parking sensors going off for no reason when dropping below 10mph. When the roads are very wet they behave and don’t come on. It has been back to VW a few times and they keep trying different things but still an issue, they called me today to say there is a design issue with the Sportline front bumper and they don’t know how long it will take to rectify the issue.
Are there any other T6.1 sportline owners experiencing this issue?

It’s because the van is probably sitting with a nose down stance, and you have the sensors set to automatically activate.

Turn off the automatic activation in the menu and it goes away.

I can’t find anything in any of the menu’s that allows you to turn this to manual only. I asked the dealer today if they can turn then sensors off and they said they can’t, not without causing more errors.

It’s the new digital cockpit, there is a button on the dash to deactivate them but as soon as you go over 10mph it reactivates. They removed the Sportline bumper and fitted a high line bumper and there were no issues. They also removed the number plate as they thought this might be causing the problem but did not help. There are currently 2 other Sportlines in with the same issue at that dealer and VW have said there is an issue with the design of the Sportline bumper.

I have a Sportline, I know what I’m talking about. :rolleyes:

It’s got nothing to do with the digital dash. Turn it off in the parking menu on the infotainment, done.

I have a Sportline, I know what I’m talking about. :rolleyes:

It’s got nothing to do with the digital dash. Turn it off in the parking menu on the infotainment, done.
Same here, turned off in menu, I think they come back on after you engage reverse too. Definitely over sensitive.

I just set the speed lower with Carista to I think 5 or 7 mph which works ok for me, but I can see why people turn it off. Also turned off manoeuvre braking in the settings as it kept jamming the brakes on when reversing.

Hi all, I got my new T6.1 Sportline in July this year after waiting almost a year for it to be built. From day 1 I have had issues with the 2 front centre parking sensors going off for no reason when dropping below 10mph. When the roads are very wet they behave and don’t come on. It has been back to VW a few times and they keep trying different things but still an issue, they called me today to say there is a design issue with the Sportline front bumper and they don’t know how long it will take to rectify the issue.
Are there any other T6.1 sportline owners experiencing this issue?
I have the same problem. VW dealer currently failing to resolve after 3 visits. I also have a problem with the infotainment system which doesn’t come on for 3 or 4 minutes after start up, then on and off for a while before settling down. Escalated both to VW Customer Service (corporate) and now seem to be getting some traction. My first transporter and not impressed at all. Will be returning it if it’s not resolved soon.

Yeah the sensors are a nightmare. You can turn them off but that’s not permanent.
Currently I have a broken adblue sensor so I can’t drive it. But, I’ve done 15k miles without any issues

Back