New Order, Dealer & Delivery.

patbarn

Hello All.
Is anyone in a similar situation or has been past.
Has anyone who ordered in October got a delivery date yet?

26th October: ordered new build T6. Gave £500 deposit.
6th November: hadn’t heard anything so I emailed dealer asking about projected delivery date.
They replied saying that because of the large amount of orders before price increase they had no date for delivery.
Had a couple of discussions re incorrect pricing of lights option, I agreed to pay the correct (higher) price for them.
10th November: Emailed asking for confirmation & date.
No Reply as yet.

As Davey B says takes weeks to get a build date, 10 weeks for us but at least it gives you plenty of time to add all those extra's you've missed

Hello All.
Is anyone in a similar situation or has been past.
Has anyone who ordered in October got a delivery date yet?

26th October: ordered new build T6. Gave £500 deposit.
6th November: hadn’t heard anything so I emailed dealer asking about projected delivery date.
They replied saying that because of the large amount of orders before price increase they had no date for delivery.
Had a couple of discussions re incorrect pricing of lights option, I agreed to pay the correct (higher) price for them.
10th November: Emailed asking for confirmation & date.
No Reply as yet.

Dealership I went to ordered my T30 Kombi 150 manual wrong, so currently running around in a courtesy van. They’ve had to re-order a fortnight ago & secured a build for end of December for delivery late January.

Ordered a new Kombi with just about every option ticked on 31st October, no build date, but not overly concerned.

Just emailed my dealer, ordered early Nov, build date this Friday ....... wait for - it expected delivery date mid April

Oh the joy of living on the other side of the planet in Australia - You got the convicts here quicker than the Germans can ship cars

Just emailed my dealer, ordered early Nov, build date this Friday ....... wait for - it expected delivery date mid April

Oh the joy of living on the other side of the planet in Australia - You got the convicts here quicker than the Germans can ship cars

The same months we ordered our Cali then picked it up!

Done a bit of digging

45 days on the water and they dispatch a ship every 14 days
So add 30 days for the messy bits at both ends and the dealer seems to have forecasted it within reason......bugger
Not bad going really seeing as ours only had to cross the English Channel.

Do you see many T6s out there?

I looked into shipping ours to NZ to tour both islands (which me and my wife did as a 5 month honeymoon in 1999/2000 but with an old Honda Accord); it’s less than hiring one but we’d be without our beloved Cali for 3 months. I’d love to do it though.

Not bad going really seeing as ours only had to cross the English Channel.

Do you see many T6s out there?

I looked into shipping ours to NZ to tour both islands (which me and my wife did as a 5 month honeymoon in 1999/2000 but with an old Honda Accord); it’s less than hiring one but we’d be without our beloved Cali for 3 months. I’d love to do it though.
Before discovering what I needed as a new work van (elimination process) I saw vans and some were VW...... but now that I have focus I see more trade vans - a few nicer ones with business wraps but have seen nothing to the standards that I am seeing on here, apparently the dealer I am buying thru sells a T6 every month to a RV company that build for sales and rental but I haven’t seen one on the road, I get excited if I see one that isn’t stock white ! Because we don’t have the volume of enthusiastic owners who want to mod or upgrade their T6s we don’t have the access to aftermarket custom gear locally like you do, doing the tours of YouTube and international reviews I feel in love with the Led DRL, no option here to have that in the T6 van ...... I have a pair on pre order from Transporter HQ, this will be my daily work van but I want it to be different and looking sharp

Hi, how long are folks waiting for new vans? I ordered a lwb, high roof last November, was told 12 months wait at the time.

Hi @Spodski

Think you need to jump over to the order delays thread . Many people now well over the 12months already but some seem to get them in 6 months there is no logic to it but have a look for the order delays thread . I am over 12months and heading for 13months with no news whatsoever

Back