New Kombi with Wrong Specification

Jack911

My new Kombi arrived at the dealer last week but the specification delivered didn’t match what I ordered.

For example, there was fixed glass in the sliding door area, whereas I specified sliding windows. There was no fixed glass in the load area, just the metal panel. No TPMS. The sliding doors were power latching rather than power sliding.

I ended up refusing delivery and cancelling the order.

I’m not sure whether the dealer screwed up the order or VW just built the wrong thing and didn’t bother telling me.
Has anyone else had similar problems?

My new Kombi arrived at the dealer last week but the specification delivered didn’t match what I ordered.

For example, there was fixed glass in the sliding door area, whereas I specified sliding windows. There was no fixed glass in the load area, just the metal panel. No TPMS. The sliding doors were power latching rather than power sliding.

I ended up refusing delivery and cancelling the order.

I’m not sure whether the dealer screwed up the order or VW just built the wrong thing and didn’t bother telling me.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Hey @Jack911 - so sorry to hear that, especially as the waiting times for new vans from factory are horrendously long. We took delivery of our Kombi in May '22, followed by a 6wk conversion. I believe ours was precisely as we ordered it 13mts prior. I heard a few weeks back that VW has stopped taking orders for new T6.1, with the exception of Cali. Having said that, you should find quite a few on forecourts or pre ordered arriving soon - either from cancelled orders or dealers knowing they will sell any of these easily. May not always be exactly what you wanted. Good luck with your search...don't give up!!

Back