New Kombi owner

kombisnaps

T6.1 Kombi
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello hello!

Just upgraded from a 17 plate berlingo to a T32 Kombi due to a kiddo on the way and still requiring a work vehicle.
So far loving it.

One thing I miss mind is that the berlingo had a way to check it was locked with the fob by pressing lock key 3 times and it would flash hazards 10 times - think it was a way to find your car in a car park…

I’ve looked through forums but can’t seem to see if it’s been discussed at all / if this is even a feature on the transporter?

Would be great to know either way as I load / unload a LOT on jobs, and is super handy to check vehicle is locked without having to go test handles etc

Thanks in advance,
I checked manual but couldn’t find anything

using Carista (search on here to find out more) I changed my door locking settings to bleep on lock, it’s so reassuring to hear the bleep I never have to check the handles. Some say it’s antisocial to have the van bleep when locking it at night but I don’t have close neighbours and I don’t lock the van when camping in it at night so I can’t upset anyone - very easy to do with Carista

using Carista (search on here to find out more) I changed my door locking settings to bleep on lock, it’s so reassuring to hear the bleep I never have to check the handles. Some say it’s antisocial to have the van bleep when locking it at night but I don’t have close neighbours and I don’t lock the van when camping in it at night so I can’t upset anyone - very easy to do with Carista
Thanks will check it out!

Welcome to the Forum!
My Hazard lights flash when I lock the van.
Some things can be set from the vans menu.
What year is yours?

Welcome to the Forum!
My Hazard lights flash when I lock the van.
Some things can be set from the vans menu.
What year is yours?
Thanks!

Is a 2022
I think they do flash initially yes, but is there a way using fob that you can get a ln additional confirmation the van is locked without ‘locking’ the van again therefore turning off the deadlocks.

Hope that makes sense.

Citroen was reverse;
First press locked
Second press deadlocked
Third press locking confirmation / extended hazards.

Just wondering if the VW have an additional confirmation signal or something as I have rubbish short term memory along with a lot of location work in random places that doesn’t help certainty / anxiety.

Back