New Kombi Bed Option - Good price!

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by T6dder, 14 Apr 2017.

1. T6dder

T6dder Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Thought I would share this option with all looking to have a temporary Kombi Bed setup option.

This is the option I shall be going for in mine. It's basically piece together plywood bed-system which clicks together and apart with the final third piece folding over the Kombi seats when folded.

There is also a good deal on this Easter Only £180 + £45 delivery. See Facebook page here.

Infinity Customs , cnc workshop for bespoke furniture

17861451_1266474903466274_1428900536716946639_n.jpg 17952509_1266474796799618_8484386311036371194_n.jpg 17903566_1266474946799603_5829147499867997933_n.jpg 17862862_1266474976799600_75755221169477403_n.jpg 17903772_1266474686799629_4761630492921476808_n.jpg

Vinci, s80spf, Pauly and 2 others like this.
  2. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Looks good.

3. Tango14

Tango14 Member

that looks like it might be ideal for me for a temporary solution, are there any photos of one installed in a van ?

4. T6dder

Map
    Only these pics below. I will take some when I get mine in a few weeks.

IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1048.JPG

Tango14 and Pauly like this.
  5. surf-report

surf-report Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    How did you order @T6dder ? Ive messaged them and called but am getting no response

6. T6dder

Map
    I think he's in Italy- or was last week anyway. I sent messages via Facebook messenger. I am sure he will honour a price though if you can get hold of him until after Easter.

I live near Bristol so I am going up to see him first.

surf-report likes this.
  7. surf-report

Map
    Nice one, thanks @T6dder I have had a response now, saying pay a deposit and they will sort it out on Tuesday. Only problem didn't say how much or who to make it payable to! I've messaged again so hopefully will get it sorted soon. Thanks for the heads up.

8. Y8CEL

Y8CEL Member

I'm also near Bristol, WSM like you and planning to go and look at what they have to offer,

9. KombiKommando

KombiKommando Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    bloody perfect! ordered! thanks matey!

10. T6dder

Map
    Thought a few would like this. I think it's ideal and not too badly priced compared to some options I've seen.

Looking forward to getting mine soon!

11. T6Chris

T6Chris Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Nice find! I think I've just ordered one, messaged and got a reply, so looking good! Thanks.

12. Nomad

Nomad Member

I'd be interested to see how they work in practice, any movement etc due to the slot together construction.

I built something very similar for the back of my old Discovery II a platform in the back that folded forward over the rear seats. That was on a wooden frame that was screwed together though so nice an solid but obviously not as easy to remove and store. Headroom was very limited too :)

13. StuS

StuS Member T6 Pro

Map
    I look forward to hearing what these are like? It looks a good a cost effective solution as I would not use it very often but gnat soomwtni g along the Kombi bed lines for occasional use.

14. T6Chris

Hard people to get hold of, tried calling several times now after my FB Messenger chat with them. They have my number too but nothing yet.

15. surf-report

Map
    Likewise

16. BennyBoy

BennyBoy Member T6 Pro

Map
    Yer chatted in FB last night, told him a few people were interested then he went quiet, will keep trying

17. T6Chris

OK, all good. The guys name is Matt and he has now called me back and I've ordered one. The reason the phone doesn't always get answered is the CNC machines are running so they don't hear the phone every time!
    Here are some dimensions: 190cm long, 138cm wide and 52cm deep. He reckons they've tested them to about 480kg so should be pretty solid!

T6 Dave's Dad likes this.
  18. Chrisfraser05

Chrisfraser05 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

looks almost like it could be used as a little bit of a bulkhead too

19. Alan Walsh

Alan Walsh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I ordered 1 via facebook, I needed mine a different dimension due to racking in the back, no problem at all gave him the measurements and all good. Hopefully be here soon and I can let you know the outcome.

Chrisfraser05 likes this.
  20. Alan Walsh

Alan Walsh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I ordered 1 as above, 3 weeks later the wrong size turned up, now can't get hold of them to either get a replacement or refund. I would advise to look at other options or be prepared for a lot of messing about. Might have to drive to Bristol and launch the wrong 1 through his window see if that gets his attention!

Tags: