New Kenwood DNX516DABS Sat Nav, Any Good?

I think they should fit pioneer sets in as standard ,as they have always been the set to beat. what do you guys think?

I think they should fit pioneer sets in as standard ,as they have always been the set to beat. what do you guys think?
I'd love that to be in my van, the 3D graphics in town are flipping awesome, see pic above compared to what VW fit!

Super easy to wire so DVD / movies can be played on the move if needed.
I've done this on my kenwood so that the wee man can be kept occupied if required. I don't really find it distracting but obviously do have to listen to the DVD sound coming out the speakers

Having been out and fiddled with the audio settings on the Pioneer this morning I'd agree, the sound is awesome for a factory fit. The equaliser settings are brilliant, as well as presets you can adjust the individual frequencies to suit your taste then save them as custom settings.
Suzuki have started replacing Pioneer with unbranded oem kit and on their forum people are complaining!

Having been out and fiddled with the audio settings on the Pioneer this morning I'd agree, the sound is awesome for a factory fit. The equaliser settings are brilliant, as well as presets you can adjust the individual frequencies to suit your taste then save them as custom settings.
Suzuki have started replacing Pioneer with unbranded oem kit and on their forum people are complaining!

Defiantly sound great.

I've purchased the Auto EQ mic, going to run it and will report back how it sounds.

Installed 516 for my T6 yesterday and so far i love it. Especially Android Auto, nav directions to MFD, climate control display and great sound quality. Plus for me volume knob is must to have.

Startup speed isn't that great compared to Composition Media, but once booted up it's very snappy.
Are you still enjoying the 516? I'm looking at upgrading to this so that I can keep a fairly standard factory look.

Are you still enjoying the 516? I'm looking at upgrading to this so that I can keep a fairly standard factory look.

I might be selling my 516 if you're interested as I'm putting the original unit back in to get the van ready to sell. It's about 3 months old, with all leads as new.

@Twoguns are you happy with your Kenwood? Would you recommend it?
Sorry for being off topic.

I'm in the process of upgrading my stock stereo and looking for a good one.

From my research Kenwood is a good option. But can't make up my mind. All the reviews I've read so far are hype garbage. Actually I've tracked down a site that tells it how it is. I was eyeing the Kenwood DDX9704S navi thanks to the review.

Can you tell me how bad the is the screen glare? What about the price is there enough value to justify it?

I'm open for suggestions

@Twoguns are you happy with your Kenwood? Would you recommend it?
Sorry for being off topic.

I'm in the process of upgrading my stock stereo and looking for a good one.

From my research Kenwood is a good option. But can't make up my mind. All the reviews I've read so far are hype garbage. Actually I've tracked down a site that tells it how it is. I was eyeing the Kenwood DDX9704S navi thanks to the review.

Can you tell me how bad the is the screen glare? What about the price is there enough value to justify it?

I'm open for suggestions

The DDX 9704s is not a UK model, there is the DDX9717bts

But most are going for the very good Kenwood DMX 8019dab and the superb DNX9190dab

The 9190 deals with the brightest of sun light as it’s the only model out there with a HD motorised reverse tilt screen

We can supply them as a complete kit

Just read whole thread. So Kenwoods are ok now ui speed wise and preferred over Pioneer?

Looking to replace standard head unit 2016/T6 but don’t want nav or cd/dvd just wireless CarPlay. Plus option to work with mfsw if I replace the plain standard wheel at some point.

ta

Just read whole thread. So Kenwoods are ok now ui speed wise and preferred over Pioneer?

Looking to replace standard head unit 2016/T6 but don’t want nav or cd/dvd just wireless CarPlay. Plus option to work with mfsw if I replace the plain standard wheel at some point.

ta

Kenwoods are very good... and our preference over Pioneer in the past 3 years

The kenwood DMX 8019dab with wireless CarPlay is a nice unit

We can supply it with everything needed for the installation

Back