New here.T6.any good

Jonner

T6 Pro
Joined this forum having decided to buy T6 to convert (need to visit london sometimes) thought transporters must be fantastic vans with bullet proof engines that would easily cover 250,000 trouble free miles.i mean I've seen thousands on the road that look like owners pride and joy.loads of threads on here that make them sound full of faults and problems how bad are they should I reconsider my choice.?

No, you shouldn't reconsider your choice, the T6 is a great van and generally reliable. My personal experience has been great, I own a 2016 140 manual and I've done 15000 miles in the 10 months I've owned it and not had any issues at all. Sure, there are reported issues, but when you consider that in 2018 alone VW produced over 200000 transporters across all variants, the reported issues by comparison are a tiny number. I've copied the below quote from another member on another thread on this forum which sums it up pretty well.

Nobody posts, "I need some advice, I've just notched up another week of using my T6 without any issues".
Go on any of the other manufacturers owners forums, people post when they want advice, usually when they have a problem with their vehicle, that's the nature of forums, it doesn't mean their vehicles are inherently unreliable.

Thanks feel better now I've had cars and motorbikes in the past that some people moan about.still driving one!just that this forum is full of vw enthusiasts bit surprised that there are any problems at all with a T6

From what I’ve seen on the forum there are some minor niggles like leaking windows and roof rails which can be easily fixed. Then there are more risky variants like the 180 bi-tdi and the 5 speed manual if getting a remap. But these are small numbers and shouldn’t put you off, most (probably 99%) will be totally reliable! More chance of getting it written off in an accident than suffering a major mechanical failure! EGR and adblue issues are no worse than any other modern diesel.
Buy the one that suits you and if it’s been serviced well then it should bring many miles of smiles and live to a ripe old age!

Joined this forum having decided to buy T6 to convert (need to visit london sometimes) thought transporters must be fantastic vans with bullet proof engines that would easily cover 250,000 trouble free miles.i mean I've seen thousands on the road that look like owners pride and joy.loads of threads on here that make them sound full of faults and problems how bad are they should I reconsider my choice.?
I totally agree that time spent reading the forum could make you believe that all T6s are plagued by issues and never leave the mechanics workshop but really the forum just acts to highlight the issues found and so makes the one offs a lot more visible. It is because of the strength of this site as the go to place for the best source of knowledge that means many people post on here before going to a garage or dealership to fault find the issues, makes it a great resource for everyone except maybe the paranoid :slow rofl:

Feeling reassured so thanks for that. I also belong to another forum for my old triumph motorbike that's a bit the opposite you would get a complex on that site thinking everybody's bike just goes on and on well it ain't true I've had mine 40 years and worn out 3 sets of spanners!

Back