New Fiamma Deep Black Bike Rack

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I haven't seen any info posted on this, but i noticed the fiamma have released a deep black T6 pro rack for 2019 while looking for a storage option

It looks nicer than the anodised aluminium version.

With a few black powder coated cargo rails, it would be able to hold a few Peli boxes for extra storage on a trip.

fiamma-carry-bike-vw-t6-pro-deep-black-tailgate-bike-rack.jpg

Oh I like that, and it’s nice and compact too, I only need it for two bikes and the vw ones are just too big. Is in any more/less secure than the VW rack?

I can't say if it is any more secure than the VW version as we don't get them here, but im guessing a few on here would know, it'll be interesting to hear there views

I just had a quote sent through to me this afternoon, although its a 3 month wait to get down under.

Well i ended up ordering a deep black T6 Pro in, so i should see it in 3 months :whistle:

I don't plan on using it for a bike, but i can fit a decent size lockable Peli box on it,

So i can store the rear tailgate shower awning, C Gear awning matting, fresh water hose, power lead, waster water hose and a collapsable shower chair in it.

It's all light weight and the weight will be well within the 60-65kg limit that the carrier can handle.

It'll be good to get that bulky stuff out of the van

Mate of mine who’s a copper tells me there was a gang of pikeys working the M6/74 services last week nicking bikes from bike racks, all transporters. They park up and wait in a corner til a victim comes along, wait for them to go inside then come and park next to them and have the bikes off. Says they found it easy because said transporters had each parked away from other cars, which is something I usually do too. Hasn’t increased my confidence in getting a bike rack for my emtb. I don’t mind swathing it in several thick chains that take me ages to get off if that works, but if they can just easily get the rack off the van then it would be pointless, so I’m trying to find out just how secure that aspect is.

Well i ended up ordering a deep black T6 Pro in, so i should see it in 3 months :whistle:

I don't plan on using it for a bike, but i can fit a decent size lockable Peli box on it,

So i can store the rear tailgate shower awning, C Gear awning matting, fresh water hose, power lead, waster water hose and a collapsable shower chair in it.

It's all light weight and the weight will be well within the 60-65kg limit that the carrier can handle.

It'll be good to get that bulky stuff out of the van

Hi
Ordered mine from camperco 30/4/2019
Arrived next day

Hi
Ordered mine from camperco 30/4/2019
Arrived next day

Thats what happens when ordering something from Australia using an Australian distributor, you pay up front and wait.

I can normally ship from Europe or an UK company and have it within 10 days and cheaper, but i needed a warranty in case there is damage or if i have an issue with it.

Do you think you can fit a Fiamma Ultra box 360 on it?

I had to pay upfront as well. Never thought about a problem with delivery, & something wrong with the Rack. do we not have the same protection in the UK ?
Dunno about the Ultrabox(good idea).

Yeah i could claim warranty from Australia, from a UK company, but i'd have to ship it back

I've just been through a few issues with sending Votronic electrics back to Germany from Australia for repairs.

Having said that i can't get the Ultra Box from any Aus Distributor, so i have to look at importing that myself and take the risk

Sorry mate, never gave it a thought yr was in australia(had a senior moment, F******* Funny).
The reason i bought mine was the ease of removal, cus i have a Riemo upgrade 2 tailgate awning that slips over the tailgate.
No doubt someone will remind me that a potential thief will make use of the "ease of removal".

Works fine . No complaints whatsoever.
I use it to carry a 20”” (wheels) electric bike.
B98AB862-857A-4C2E-A731-E963886B2ADD.jpeg
It’s held firmly with one strap at the crossbar, & one at each wheel. Never moves.
I also carry an inflatable in its carry bag on the second bike carry bar.
ED5ABCC0-64AB-491B-9594-86C2741A7FBD.jpeg

Been very happy with mine. The only problems I had were the mild steel screws rusting (now replaced) and the bike holding arms nicked in a car park while out on the bikes. Now keep them in the van when not in use. The black finish on the rack is still flawless.

What a pain in the ass with the arms getting nicked. Good to hear I have to wait until March next year to get one! Another question, do the bike interfere with your pop top when it's up with the tail gate also lifted? Or do you take the bikes off? I plan on upgrading the Gas struts to account for the extra load of the bikes (if needed).

My uprated struts on the Cali only just hold up the rack, no chance with the bikes on.

As Loz says, there no chance of even my uprated 1200n struts holding up the tailgate with bikes on (not sure I’d be able to open it anyway) so it’s a moot point, but the bikes don’t interfere with the poptop while the tailgate is closed.

Last edited:
Hi
The rack doesn’t interfere with a rear facing SCA pop top when the tailgate is raised. But you will need the up-rated struts, if you want to raise the tailgate with the rack containing bike, or bikes.
Or get yr self a hard hat

The aim is to have the bikes lift up with the tailgate. Otherwise I might go with a swing open bike rack. You think it can be done with uprated struts elduderino?

Hi VWTDI
Previous post is a shot of my electric bike on the rack.
You can imagine the weight(I can’t lift the bike with the battery installed). It’s easily the weight of two “normal” bikes.
I had the VB air suspension fitted, which means I can lower the back end, & greatly assists my 69 yr old back. ;)
I will send a photo later , showing the tailgate, rack & Bike raised(its 6am , n dark) a bit later.
Just had a look at a swing open rack.
Impressive. Think I would have gone with that, had I known about it, mainly because of the greatly reduced lifting height. Plus there would be no visual obstruction through the tailgate window.
Bloody ell, I’m selling it to me self.

Last edited:
Back