New Clutch / Brakes 2016 T6

Jay Farlane T6

Hi soon my 2016 LEASE is due new brakes front and rear and new front disks and im hoping not but possibly a new clutch / clutch kit. Its still driving but feels like its starting? to slip. Its done 79k miles.

VW Have quoted me 179 + vat for front and 159 +vat for back and 200+ vat for front disks and labour at around £80 per hour. Total will cost a lot of money. After hearing the cost of the brakes on the phone i didnt ask about a clutch or how many hours it will take the trainee mech to fit it. Id guess around 3-4 at a total cost of £240 - £320 just for the labour and not including the clutch kit + vat ...

I want to get 40k + plus out of a new set of brakes like the others fitted by VW.

Questions;

Does anyone know the website or dealers VW use to get there parts or the Brands they use?

Can anyone recommend the best type of brakes to get from euro car parts / car tech one etc that i could easily get 40k miles out of. There's loads to choose from, Bosch or Brembo look to be best. Has anyone got any first hand experience on the ones that wear best?

New clutch kit; If i go ahead and purchase a new clutch kit and get a friendly Fred Dibnah type mechanic dude to fit it at £40 per hour whats the best type of clutch to get? Velo / Transmech / Luk?! Whats the best theres so many

My starter has already gone on it and they refitted a BOSCH one and the EGR valve kept opening and sticking (engine warning light on) and the super efficent VW tech fitted a Velo one.

Hope i can get some input, i know it will keep going for at least another few thousand miles but when the time comes for new brakes for example i need to be prepped to get it done asap minimising the amount i pay but making sure i get the best parts for the job.

Hope this makes sense to some clued up individual

Cheers
Jay

If it's a lease and you're not covered for servicing, I personally would go to a local VAT registered garage and get the work done there as the warranty will still be honoured. No point paying VW main dealer prices on something that will be sold at auction in a year's time. As long as the parts fitted have a 1 year warranty, you're sorted for the rest of your ownership! Stick the registration on here when you give it back to the lease company so we all know to avoid it.

I may do it myself. I saw someone in the road fixing their brakes the other day and it looked pretty easy. Otherwise Kwikfit maybe. Dont think this one will be going back to the leasing company. Will probably sell on the private market when im done with it.

Thankyou

Front brakes are pretty easy to do but the rears require a caliper wind back tool to twist the pistons back in
The brakes are the same as T5 so if you are not sure there are plenty of YT vids showing it done

Most definitely getting VW to do it after watching that. Caliper wind back too and hose bleeding might be a bit too much for me to do and wouldn't want any one else touching it in case of problems ... I would of had no clue if it wasn't for that

What a great forum xD

Mine is going in for disks and pads on all 4 corners on Friday. I’ll be entrusting my van to the caring hands of APS in Brackley. Top guys who know everything there is to know about VAG.
One of the directors (who still works as the main man in the workshop) has just bought himself a T6 Cali Ocean (but we’ll not hold that against him ;)).
Anyone who lives in the South Northants/ North Oxon/ North Bucks area, these are well worth looking at for your servicing needs. If they can strip down an R8 V10, they can certainly care for your T6.

Back