Need advice on closing Reimo roof

Newadventurer

T6 Pro
hi there we are trying out the camper vans features on our drive - re have reverse pop up reimo roof - I think its closed properly but how can we know for sure, hubby is not so sure if it is - how can we check ? Especially the front of van end which is the bit hubby isnt sure about - any hints and tips please ?

Last edited:
If it’s a reverse one you dine need to worry about the front edge. If the rubber seal is down in the metal and the straps/latches ate right, there’s no canvas sticking outa the sides then your done.

If it’s a reverse one you dine need to worry about the front edge. If the rubber seal is down in the metal and the straps/latches ate right, there’s no canvas sticking outa the sides then your done.
thanks - how far down should the rubber sit ? when I put finger next to the rubber part i I can see and feel the metal curved contours - will see if I can take a picture and send in a bit ( I am not very tech savvy though ) the whole problem is we didn't look at what its meant to look like closed before we popped it up, so havent got a clue if this is okay -see pics

IMG20230903211125.jpg

IMG20230903211131.jpg

IMG20230903211146.jpg

IMG20230903211151.jpg

Last edited:
We have the t'other way round pop top on ours, but similar initial teething problems. We have a permanently stored 5cm foam mattress in ours which has to be in exactly the right place to ensure the top is right/tight down.
Do you keep anything out of sight up there that could upset the 'seating' of the seals? Sleeping bags, duvet, mattress etc?
Perhaps a photo in the light of the morning may be better for the forum folk to judge?!
As @Deaky says, less to worry about when your pop top goes up that way... unless you reverse at speed!
Beautiful colour by the way!

We have the t'other way round pop top on ours, but similar initial teething problems. We have a permanently stored 5cm foam mattress in ours which has to be in exactly the right place to ensure the top is right/tight down.
Do you keep anything out of sight up there that could upset the 'seating' of the seals? Sleeping bags, duvet, mattress etc?
Perhaps a photo in the light of the morning may be better for the forum folk to judge?!
As @Deaky says, less to worry about when your pop top goes up that way... unless you reverse at speed!
Beautiful colour by the way!
sunny morning pictures of the roof hoping its a bit clearer ?

IMG20230904081631.jpg

IMG20230904081637.jpg

IMG20230904081658.jpg

Did you have anything on the bed/roof board?
hi there yes the mattress which does for up there okay and the roof can close - I know it need to be pulled back a bit before closing the roof as in the workshop it got stuck before - are you thinking it doesn't look properly closed then ? If so will investigate further - thanks for you help by the way

It's hard to tell from the photos whether it's really down correctly. There is a definite gap to the spoiler bit, but that looks more of a front-back gap than a vertical gap maybe so could be caused by some misalignment coming down, or it just not being installed very well. Did you notice what it looked like when you got it?

I would certainly try removing that mattress, just to see if it closes better? Some rumours on here of an inflatable roof mattress which I would consider myself!

hi there yes the mattress which does for up there okay and the roof can close - I know it need to be pulled back a bit before closing the roof as in the workshop it got stuck before - are you thinking it doesn't look properly closed then ? If so will investigate further - thanks for you help by the way
It’s not closed, there is no space for a mattress, remove it.
The rubber seal should be touching the spoiler.

It’s not closed, there is no space for a mattress, remove it.
The rubber seal should be touching the spoiler.
many thanks for your reply its so nice this forum is so supportive - yup mattress is 2.5 and it does fit okay up there as tested in the workshop where roof was fitted , but we just need to make sure its pulled back a little to overlap the bed board before closing the roof then the rubber seal fits the spoiler fine, so thats something we need to check out and will get better at with practice ( we hope !)

When we first got our camper, we had a list of stuff to check when breaking camp. It was laminated A4 and stuck on the steering wheel so that it couldn't be missed before driving off (really basic stuff like EHU unplugged and stowed, cupboards locked shut, pop top secured properly and about half a dozen other things). We used it for the first few trips but have now developed a routine and it's not been used for a long time now but I recall that it prevented a couple of embarassments in the early days.

When we first got our camper, we had a list of stuff to check when breaking camp. It was laminated A4 and stuck on the steering wheel so that it couldn't be missed before driving off (really basic stuff like EHU unplugged and stowed, cupboards locked shut, pop top secured properly and about half a dozen other things). We used it for the first few trips but have now developed a routine and it's not been used for a long time now but I recall that it prevented a couple of embarassments in the early days.
that is a great tip , thank you !

Back