Reimo folding bed issue

Robdug

Hi,
Has anyone ever had an issue with their Reimo folding bed base being noisy due to up/down movement while driving? The hinged sections are very easy to push up a few cm while the pop top roof is down and so whle driving even over slight bumps in the road the bed flexes up and down and makes a racket - even worse over pot holes etc...

I was wonderng if there's a way to adjust the bed (struts maybe?) to make to make it more rigid while the roof is down and stop it flexing up and down so easily. The installer has had a look and put some rubber foam strip into one of the hinged joints but it hasn't really sorted it. I've tried wedging it permanently up slightly but that hasn't worked either....running out of ideas and the noise it makes leads me to think it's going to get damaged sooner or later.

Hope someone can help - for reference it's a 2016 T6 SWB.

Thanks.

Hi,
Has anyone ever had an issue with their Reimo folding bed base being noisy due to up/down movement while driving? The hinged sections are very easy to push up a few cm while the pop top roof is down and so whle driving even over slight bumps in the road the bed flexes up and down and makes a racket - even worse over pot holes etc...

I was wonderng if there's a way to adjust the bed (struts maybe?) to make to make it more rigid while the roof is down and stop it flexing up and down so easily. The installer has had a look and put some rubber foam strip into one of the hinged joints but it hasn't really sorted it. I've tried wedging it permanently up slightly but that hasn't worked either....running out of ideas and the noise it makes leads me to think it's going to get damaged sooner or later.

Hope someone can help - for reference it's a 2016 T6 SWB.

Thanks.
I’m confused, are you talking about the roof bed in the poptop? There’s only one board with a hinge at the back. Do you have a mattress on the roof bed? Is it a genuine Reimo roof bed? Got any photos of the problem?

I’m confused, are you talking about the roof bed in the poptop? There’s only one board with a hinge at the back. Do you have a mattress on the roof bed? Is it a genuine Reimo roof bed? Got any photos of the problem?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's the roof bed I'm referring to and yes it's a genuine fitted Reimo. The bed flexes up and down easily while driving and it's this i'm concerned about due to the noise and possibly the damage, it's not always done it, just over the last 8 months or so.
Couple of pictires attached showing the roof bed flat and the other showing how much it can easily be pushed up while the outer pop top is still down.....and that's with the mattress in place as well.

Cheers

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

That looks like the rear solid section is loose. It should be firmly fastened & solid. Have you lifted the mattress to see how it’s fixed to the roof cutout? Which Reimo roof have you got?

That looks like the rear solid section is loose. It should be firmly fastened & solid. Have you lifted the mattress to see how it’s fixed to the roof cutout? Which Reimo roof have you got?
Hi,
Yes the mattress is fitted onto the bed base,
Hi,
Yes I’ve got the mattress in place in the pop top, bed base still managed to flex up and down while driving over uneven roads. Was wondering if there’s a way to tighten this up, strut adjustment etc…. Or I guess I could a thicker mattress so it doesn’t give the bed base any room to move.

Thanks.

Hi,
Yes the mattress is fitted onto the bed base,

Hi,
Yes I’ve got the mattress in place in the pop top, bed base still managed to flex up and down while driving over uneven roads. Was wondering if there’s a way to tighten this up, strut adjustment etc…. Or I guess I could a thicker mattress so it doesn’t give the bed base any room to move.

Thanks.
I think we’re at crossed purposes. The rear section of the roof bed (the bit that doesn’t lift) should be solidly screwed/glued/attached to the roof cutout. This forms the fixed half of the hinge. When I asked you to lift the mattress, it was to see how the fixed board is secured. Mine is screwed down to the poptop frame.

I think we’re at crossed purposes. The rear section of the roof bed (the bit that doesn’t lift) should be solidly screwed/glued/attached to the roof cutout. This forms the fixed half of the hinge. When I asked you to lift the mattress, it was to see how the fixed board is secured. Mine is screwed down to the poptop frame.
Hi,
Thanks, appreciate your help on this. I see what you mean but that's not a picture of the rear solid section - the roof bed base is hinged in two places - this is the most forward of the two - the other hinge further back (attaching to the solid part) doesn't have any play in it, just the one shown that flexes while driving. I've attached more images showing both hinges - one me pushing it up and other when it's flat down

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

Ahh I see what you mean now. I don’t think that (I’m willing to stand corrected) is a genuine Reimo bed. AFAIK, Reimo beds are one piece. Are you sure it’s a Reimo roof?

So it’s a bifold bed. There will be struts on the front section, and gas rams pushing up the rear. The geometry is very sensitive to the length of the struts. If it’s a bit baggy, I think you need to extend the fixed struts a fraction.

The struts might be threaded at each end onto a fitting, so you can pop the ball end off, unscrew it a turn, and refit.

Back