Nec Motorhome Show Birmingham?

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Mr blue, 9 Oct 2019.

1. Mr blue

Mr blue Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Is this show worth going to for Vw transporter owners? are any of the converters there? Rib bed manufacturers or kitchen makers ?

Spaghettiboy78 likes this.
  2. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Grape Yellow Beach T6 Legend

I think it's worth going to see what is on offer, most of the main converters are there, leastthe last time I went they were

Mr blue likes this.
  3. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Yes there's always a good selection there, and this one tends to be better than the spring one as all the new models/developments come out now. I'll be there making some big decisions about my van future :thumbsup:

Last edited: 9 Oct 2019
    Mr blue likes this.
  4. Spaghettiboy78

Spaghettiboy78 Mr Spaghetti VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I went last year and enjoyed it, although my two young kids got tired and slightly irritable by the end of the day. Going up on the Friday this year, with a mate!

czmate1999 and Mr blue like this.
  5. czmate1999

czmate1999 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I'll be there with my brother. On the look out for a deal on a cadac BBQ!

6. P20

P20 Member

We might pop down to this to get some ideas

7. Urbantech

Urbantech New Member

Yup,

The one in October is best for VW conversions....strongly recommend Vanworx , got ours done this year...couldn't be happier.

8. welshbaron

welshbaron Member

I find the items are cheaper on the web ..

Andyf likes this.
  9. andys

Yes I found that a couple of years ago when I went to the show hoping to find Ridgemonkey deals, but ending up buying off Amazon while sat in the cafe.

Martinf likes this.
  10. P20

P20 Member

We’re heading down there today. Any recommendations for stands to visit?

11. Spaghettiboy78

Map
    Yep! Snowdonia Cheese Company!

AD4FC35E-078C-4B04-98A1-B0E29FC18559.jpeg

DazSuG, RedUn, $immo and 2 others like this.
  12. Peatey

Peatey Head Treacle Miner VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Ummmmmm Black bomber:D

moomin-j and Spaghettiboy78 like this.
  13. Spaghettiboy78

Map
    Mmmmm. Agreed!

247E4BD7-D1E5-44B3-B04C-EA7A4EEC0177.jpeg

moomin-j and $immo like this.
  14. P20

P20 Member

So we went with the intention of getting ideas for our conversion. The plan being to do it ourselves, no pop top. We’ve realised that the pop top does solve a lot of potential problems, so lots to think about with a change in direction. We really like the Jerba conversions and at the moment they’re the favourites! Now to find the money.......

czmate1999, andys and Spaghettiboy78 like this.
  15. Mavis

Mavis Martyn VIP Member

Map
    We went to the NEC yesterday, 3 years on from ordering our Jerba Cromarty and it was still a great decision for us - a fantastic product and really helpful team at Jerba.

andys and Spaghettiboy78 like this.
  16. Farnorthsurfer

Farnorthsurfer Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Long way to go for us from the North of Scotland but it was worth the trip.
    Just back from a day at the show and have some new ideas for our conversion next year.
    Lots of T6 action in halls 11 and 12 but also quite a few down at the caravan end of things.
    Snagged a good deal on some new screen covers from Rainbow Screens.
    Have finally maybe made up my mind about a pop top. Originally keen on a Jerba I have been through HiLo, Skyline, Reimo but the show gave me the chance to see main contenders almost next to one another. and the winner is .... Jerba.
    Such a helpful crew and the quality of the roof is just as good as the Reimo. Some advantages, like a more easily replaceable canvas and much better roof rack capacity.
    Yes it’s not the prettiest and along with the Reimo is a bit of a bathtub but practicality beats looks on what will be a proper camper not a 20” wheel fashion van.
    Also decided I need a Reimo Variotech bed, brilliant design, very costly though!
    Anyway well worth the day out.

czmate1999 and andys like this.
  17. andys

Good choice, if I was buying a poptop now with the benefit of the experiences I and others have had, along with having had chance to compare them all close up, I would get the Jerba roof. They came 2nd in my shortlist when I looked 3yrs ago and the only reason I went for the Westfalia was the total package and interior just pipped them for me, though at a price.

Farnorthsurfer likes this.
  18. Farnorthsurfer

Farnorthsurfer Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Also, The new VW California Grand was on show in long and longer versions. errr no, sorry it’s just wrong.
    Ugly and no space inside, IMHO there are loads of nice vans in that class that do it so much better than VW have.
    No doubt the name will sell it but the design will not.

Martinf likes this.
  19. Cymro

Cymro Member VIP Member

Made in Rhyl which I never knew was in Snowdonia. Coastal erosion?! Nice cheese though and some interesting recipes on their Facebook site, eg,
    Protein Flapjacks | Snowdonia Cheese Company

20. MrPanic

MrPanic Member

Went down on Wednesday, nice diverse show but have to agree everything is cheaper online even with 'special show prices'.

Tags: