changing the van layout or buy a crafter ?

We've never had any issues with the bed width but for the past twenty plus years enjoyed the extra length of the LWB Transporters and even more so the always available height of a high roof. Always being able to step into the habitation area and stand up at any time is great likewise when getting out of bed in a morning.

Here is the space that can be achieved...
1697700214963.png
1697700230461.png

Probably for sale soon!

Reactions: CAB
@rod_vw do you find the extra height restrictive? Currently I easily get under 2m car park barriers.
That was my first thought as well. Mind you, I measured my van at 205cm (using a plank across the roof) which I suspect might be OK for some barriers marked 2M but I've never been brave enough to try - I actually measured the one in the public car park in a small town near where I live and it was 210cm but I'm not sure that I want to rely on my methodology. I was also reminded of seeing a motorhome in Rouen earlier this year which brought part of the city to a standstill for a while as they either didn't see or ignored the signs and didn't realise that they were too high for a particular tunnel until they got to the entrance and had to stop. On the plus side, at least they stopped in time.

Jerboa have a camper with two single RIB seats in the middle, and a rear kitchen and toilet. The two seats are either side of the van with a channel up the middle to access the rear. You could use this sort of setup, with a bridge in the middle to allow a wider mattress to be placed over the whole bed base.
There's a few companies do that layout.

I would say try it first though. You miss out on the storage you get behind a normal R+R seat/bed, and it is a right pain getting in + out of the bed when the middle board is in place.

But you do get the option of a loo in the back corner!

Back